A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Nelson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Nelson, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy)
- Castration (Orchiectomy)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Hormone-Dependent Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Nelson has 12 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC South Side
- Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joel B. Nelson practice?
Dr. Joel Nelson practices Urology near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Urologists.