Dr. Joel Nizin MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

August 29th, 2016
Patient, thorough, unrushed, and he has a wonderful bedside manner.

May 26th, 2016
follow up after colonoscopy
never given report

March 19th, 2015
Magic Hands
like a concert pianist the guy has magic hands

April 15th, 2014
Rectal Prolapse Surgery
I am 5 days post-op after my surgery. I came home yesterday without any heavy duty pain meds because pain is quite tolerable. I was very anxious about everything that surgery entails, but Dr. Nizin answered all my questions and tried his to reassure me that things would be all right. The nurses in the hospital told me I was in the best of hands. A word of advice, don't do this if you are coughing or sneezing because that is the only time my stomach really hurts.

June 28th, 2013
AWESOME SURGEON!
Dr. Nizin is a fabulous surgeon. He is personable, although not one to waste time. He comes in, does what he needs to do and leaves. He doesn't have time to hold hands. If you want a hand-holder, look for somebody else. However, if you want the greatest surgury possible with a residually beautiful scar - and the greatest chance of reversal, Dr. Nizin is perfect. My husband is living a fantastic life without a colon, had a temporary colostomy which was able to be converted to an internal J-Pouch. If you're even looking into surgeons, do some more research and find out about J-Pouches. They change the lives of the patients. I hope this helps.

May 9th, 2012
Lenny Kasten General Manager U.S. National Bobsled Team
Dr. Nizin is an excellent professional surgeon with great personality to go along with it.

April 2nd, 2012
Surgery
Doctor Nizin is truly wonderful. I am twenty one (female)and have been suffering from an fissure for over a year and tried every conservative method possible, I knew that surgery was my next option. My female doctor who did a colonoscopy recommended him and at first I was apprehensive about a male doctor but I was blown away! He is a wonderful doctor. -I had a lateral internal sphincterotomy surgery and he did a great job, I would highly recommend him!!!

March 14th, 2012
he has never had a bowel perforation in over 17,000 cases done. He will tell you this if you ask him about his record of bowel perforations during a colonoscopy.That is why he is chosen by so many healthcare professionals, when they need a colonoscopy.I am a nurse.

November 23rd, 2011
Great doc!
Dr. Nizin is an exceptional physician; very caring, quite competent and good at explaining details in easily understandable terms. Most glad to have been referred to him.

October 14th, 2011
Extraordinary Physcian
This Doctor is the best I have encountered in my lifetime.I had a perforated colon andunfortunately had the surgery in an emergency situation with severe consequences(sepsis)by another Colon Surgeon. I determined to have the resection with Dr. Nizin after consulting with two other top surgeons in Bergen County.He is extraordinary, thorough, great knowledge, great experience, and special bedside manners.

April 26th, 2017