Psychiatrist, Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Traumatized after being a patient of his  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2014

Horrible doctor! The side effects of my medication heavily outweighed any possible improvements but instead of taking me off the meds or lowering them he raised the mg to the maximum dosage while carelessly adding unnecessary and dangerous prescription meds. I am so thankful I have stopped being a patient of his, he is a dangerous doctor. He may have the awards and fancy title, but if you take that all away from him, he is only there to do business with you not to improve your health.

|  He's the Wrong Doctor with Misaligned Goals  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2014

Do not trust this doctor. My family had to fight a legal battle just so I could change my treatment plan and the laundry list of medications he WRONGFULLY prescribed me after much evidence that was observed by my family. I felt like he was talking down to us, as if we were his lab rats instead of living people. After I left him as my psychiatrist, I felt I could never trust a doctor again. The way he treated my family and I has left us feeling damaged, resentful, and regretful. He does not have your best interest in mind. Stay Away.

|  show details
Mar 21st, 2012

I would recommend you keep children away from this guy.

|  The only psychiatrist I know who'll let you know if drugs are not needed!  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2011

I was one of those rare cases that other psychiatrists had messed up with too much meds. Joel said let's try to get you off of everything. It not only saved my life but I've achieved great things since then. Thanks Joel!

|  AWESOME DOC  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2011

Our family has followed Dr Oberstar for years now. He is very good with our autistic son who also has adhd and anxieties. He is worth the time driven and money.

|  Best Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2009

Dr. Oberstar has an exceptional ability to relate to his young patients. He is able to relate to kids and really seems to care about them. My son saw him for a period of a couple of years, and was always willing to talk to him, where he was unable to establish a rapport with other mental health providers.