Dr. A Papowitz Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 8th, 2015

sleep apnea patient

Very caring,thoughtful and thorough sleep doctor. Dr P diagnosed my sleep apnea a few years ago when he was at the NOrwalk Hospital. Because he is so very caring I have followed him as he changed locations, now in West Haven. Though I live in Norwalk, I feel he is worth the drive because his care is so genuine and he he seems determined to always find the very best solution.

July 24th, 2013

Very concerned about solving my sleep apnea problem. Keeps my personal physician up to date.

June 19th, 2012

Terrible.

He treated me for sleep apnea, so I had no choice but to use him and the sleep lab at Norwalk Hospital. This doctor checked out long ago. I felt that he could care less about the issues I was trying to resolve, and only cared about churning me for billing purposes. I was required to drive to Norwalk from 45 minutes away on 2 occasions only to tell me that we needed to schedule a sleep study. Both of these visits were unnecessary, but they were billed out as hospital visits, so the copay was large, and the total billing was enormous. This was his way of getting 5 visits instead of 3 paid by the insurance company. While there I felt he had minimal interest in my condition or my health. I was in and out of most meeting with him within 5 minutes and felt there was no transference of information. He pushed some papers at me and rescheduled the next churn. He will also not return phone calls as he cannot bill the insurance company for them. I would recommend you find another sleep lab. Awful

November 3rd, 2015