Neurological Surgeons

9314 Park West Blvd
Ste 200
Knoxville, TN 37923
865-694-0577
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Not Recommended  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2014

Long office waits. I think they forgot about me in the exam room on the first appointment. 1 hour in waiting room. 1.5 hours in the exam room, then the doc shows up for a 15 minute appointment. Asked me to come back later on one appointment. Went through the suggested treatment plan of PT, new MRI, injections, etc. Didn't help and may have made it worse. Suggested other opintions from another doc and wished me luck on my 3rd visit.

|  Excellent Physician!  |  show details
by William Trusler on Sep 12th, 2013

Absolutely one of the best neurosurgeons In East Tennessee. Has successfully done three back operations on me with great results. He's the Best of the Best! No kidding. He's a very compassionate and caring doctor.

|  Dr. Ragland is great!!  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2012

I had a bulged disc in my lower back, causing me great discomfort. Dr. Ragland was very honest about the situation, and what improvement I could expect if he performed surgery. I opted to go ahead, and the results are fantastic. Pain was gone after the first day, incision healed up great. I would rate my improvement at 90%. My wife is in medicine, and when I had her survey the surgeons and doctors at her hospital (regarding who they would have perform this surgery if it was them going under the knife), Dr. Ragland's name was almost unanimous. I am very pleased with his demeanor. He seemed very confident, which in turn gave me confidence. A very good doctor and a very good result. Thanks Doc!!

|  he did my neck surgery  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2011

very intelligent, patient, kind bed-side manner. i know 2 other people who recommended him because he also did their neck surgery (acdf). i highly recommend him, and i'd see him again if i had any future medical need.

|  show details
Dec 30th, 2010

Dr. Ragland is not only extremely gifted in his area, but he is also one of the kindest people you will ever meet. He takes so much time with each patient. When I ran out of questions, he thought of more for me. I honestly felt that I was his only patient. There is no need to travel outside of Knoxville to get the best care. He is amazing!