Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Apr 25th, 2016

Dr. Ragland put a shunt in my brain & gave me my life back. He's in my prayers daily as well as my wife's. He's the best.

Tremendous physician and surgeon. show details Tremendous physician and surgeon.
by Mary Jane Wright on Apr 4th, 2016

Dr. Ragland is one of the best doctors that I have ever met. I have a medical diagnosis that has caused many surgeries. I have met many doctors and surgeons and Dr. Ragland is wonderful. He has a most wonderful way of working with his patients. He spends time and helped me to make decisions based on sound medical tests and diagnosis. His follow up is excellent.

Mr. show details Mr.
by Ron Anderson on Jan 26th, 2016

Great first visit with Dr. Raglands staff==in particular Nancy Moulton PA-c and Connie of the office staff==in 73 years the most gratifying Dr. visit ever even though I did not see Dr. Ragland==would highly recommend him==all of his patient reviews are very positive--reason I chose him==not all Doctors reviews are positive

He is Awesome! show details He is Awesome!
by Lori Morrell on Sep 26th, 2015

Dr. Ragland is amazing! He completely fixed my neck and arm pain due to a bone spur pressing on a nerve. I would go back to him in a heartbeat.

by christy stinnett on Mar 2nd, 2015

He was a great surgeon ..I would highly recommend him to everyone and I have. My surgery went great..they were caring and compassionate..I loved his assistant too!

by L. Walker on Jan 20th, 2015

Dr. Ragland & His PA are a cut above the rest. Have had 2 back surgeries with Dr. Ragland & recommended him to family & friends. With that being said his office staff is not very friendly & in some instances down right rude. I have been trying to get an appt but can't get past the receptionist b/c I haven't been seen in over a year. I'm sure it is policy but you'd think that someone who had surgery w/ the doctor would know when they needed to be seen again! Should I make an appt every couple of months just to stay current? Disappointed if this is indeed the policy.

Not Recommended show details Not Recommended
Jun 16th, 2014

Long office waits. I think they forgot about me in the exam room on the first appointment. 1 hour in waiting room. 1.5 hours in the exam room, then the doc shows up for a 15 minute appointment. Asked me to come back later on one appointment. Went through the suggested treatment plan of PT, new MRI, injections, etc. Didn't help and may have made it worse. Suggested other opintions from another doc and wished me luck on my 3rd visit.

Excellent Physician! show details Excellent Physician!
by William Trusler on Sep 12th, 2013

Absolutely one of the best neurosurgeons In East Tennessee. Has successfully done three back operations on me with great results. He's the Best of the Best! No kidding. He's a very compassionate and caring doctor.

Dr. Ragland is great!! show details Dr. Ragland is great!!
Mar 5th, 2012

I had a bulged disc in my lower back, causing me great discomfort. Dr. Ragland was very honest about the situation, and what improvement I could expect if he performed surgery. I opted to go ahead, and the results are fantastic. Pain was gone after the first day, incision healed up great. I would rate my improvement at 90%. My wife is in medicine, and when I had her survey the surgeons and doctors at her hospital (regarding who they would have perform this surgery if it was them going under the knife), Dr. Ragland's name was almost unanimous. I am very pleased with his demeanor. He seemed very confident, which in turn gave me confidence. A very good doctor and a very good result. Thanks Doc!!

he did my neck surgery show details he did my neck surgery
Aug 31st, 2011

very intelligent, patient, kind bed-side manner. i know 2 other people who recommended him because he also did their neck surgery (acdf). i highly recommend him, and i'd see him again if i had any future medical need.

Dec 30th, 2010

Dr. Ragland is not only extremely gifted in his area, but he is also one of the kindest people you will ever meet. He takes so much time with each patient. When I ran out of questions, he thought of more for me. I honestly felt that I was his only patient. There is no need to travel outside of Knoxville to get the best care. He is amazing!