Dr. Joel Ragland MD Patient Reviews

August 16th, 2016
Very impressed with dr Ragland
Went for 2nd opinion and reading of X-ray, MRI of neck, CT brain scan. Gave much more accurate reading. Relieved a lot of my stress after having been told I had an unknown stroke -I had not! Gave detailed explanation of other reports and refuted what was causing neck pain which was bad tissue injuries. Spent a lot of time for first visit. Very courteous and felt like you were talking to a family member. All staff very professional and courteous.

June 13th, 2016
Great bedside manner. Very caring doctor! Love him!

April 25th, 2016
Dr. Ragland put a shunt in my brain & gave me my life back. He's in my prayers daily as well as my wife's. He's the best.

April 4th, 2016
Tremendous physician and surgeon.
Dr. Ragland is one of the best doctors that I have ever met. I have a medical diagnosis that has caused many surgeries. I have met many doctors and surgeons and Dr. Ragland is wonderful. He has a most wonderful way of working with his patients. He spends time and helped me to make decisions based on sound medical tests and diagnosis. His follow up is excellent.

January 26th, 2016
Mr.
Great first visit with Dr. Raglands staff==in particular Nancy Moulton PA-c and Connie of the office staff==in 73 years the most gratifying Dr. visit ever even though I did not see Dr. Ragland==would highly recommend him==all of his patient reviews are very positive--reason I chose him==not all Doctors reviews are positive

September 26th, 2015
He is Awesome!
Dr. Ragland is amazing! He completely fixed my neck and arm pain due to a bone spur pressing on a nerve. I would go back to him in a heartbeat.

March 2nd, 2015
He was a great surgeon ..I would highly recommend him to everyone and I have. My surgery went great..they were caring and compassionate..I loved his assistant too!

January 20th, 2015
Dr. Ragland & His PA are a cut above the rest. Have had 2 back surgeries with Dr. Ragland & recommended him to family & friends. With that being said his office staff is not very friendly & in some instances down right rude. I have been trying to get an appt but can't get past the receptionist b/c I haven't been seen in over a year. I'm sure it is policy but you'd think that someone who had surgery w/ the doctor would know when they needed to be seen again! Should I make an appt every couple of months just to stay current? Disappointed if this is indeed the policy.

June 16th, 2014
Not Recommended
Long office waits. I think they forgot about me in the exam room on the first appointment. 1 hour in waiting room. 1.5 hours in the exam room, then the doc shows up for a 15 minute appointment. Asked me to come back later on one appointment. Went through the suggested treatment plan of PT, new MRI, injections, etc. Didn't help and may have made it worse. Suggested other opintions from another doc and wished me luck on my 3rd visit.

September 12th, 2013
Excellent Physician!
Absolutely one of the best neurosurgeons In East Tennessee. Has successfully done three back operations on me with great results. He's the Best of the Best! No kidding. He's a very compassionate and caring doctor.

March 5th, 2012
Dr. Ragland is great!!
I had a bulged disc in my lower back, causing me great discomfort. Dr. Ragland was very honest about the situation, and what improvement I could expect if he performed surgery. I opted to go ahead, and the results are fantastic. Pain was gone after the first day, incision healed up great. I would rate my improvement at 90%. My wife is in medicine, and when I had her survey the surgeons and doctors at her hospital (regarding who they would have perform this surgery if it was them going under the knife), Dr. Ragland's name was almost unanimous. I am very pleased with his demeanor. He seemed very confident, which in turn gave me confidence. A very good doctor and a very good result. Thanks Doc!!

August 31st, 2011
he did my neck surgery
very intelligent, patient, kind bed-side manner. i know 2 other people who recommended him because he also did their neck surgery (acdf). i highly recommend him, and i'd see him again if i had any future medical need.