Dr. Joel Riley MD Patient Reviews

March 5th, 2015
Very good
Very good.

November 17th, 2014
3+ Years with Wrong Diagnosis!
For more than 3 years, the only information I had from Dr Riley was that I had Crohn's Disease - in writing. I asked about diet, he said Standard American Diet. I asked about medication. He said to take an OTC item. So I used the internet for guidance for 3 years. Wanting better input, I switched to a different doctor. After a week, my records were not transferred. I went to get then personally. Reading my records, I did not find Crohn's Disease in any report! He had never informed me that I had Microscopic Colitis instead of Crohn's Disease. That was more than three years with the wrong diagnosis and no treatment! I'm now symptom free after just 3 months with new doctor. I now have proper treatment and medication :-)

October 9th, 2012
I have liked Dr. Riley since first meeting him. He has excellent bedside manner and is a very caring individual.

December 23rd, 2011
I had a similar experience to the reviewer who posted in October. Dr. Riley obviously doesn't want to be bothered with medical management of GI problems; he'd rather be doing procedures. It is difficult to get an appointment with Dr. Riley in a timely fashion, he does not give patients test results in a timely fashion, and he doesn't explain anything.

December 2nd, 2011
If all doctors were like this...............
The doctor and staff are WONDERFUL

October 17th, 2011
Doctor? What Doctor?
I saw Dr Riley for less than 5 minutes before my biopsy. I never actually saw him in his office, not before or after the surgery. When I asked to see him, I was told he doesn't make appointments very often; he is usually doing procedures. (Of course, that's where the money is!)When his diagnosis was opposite of one I received four years prior, I got confused as to how he came up with his response. I wanted to know what he saw and why he made an opposite diagnosis which is still having a reaction on me. I was referred to a liver specialist, and don't fully understand why. I was told there is a gastroenterologist in that office for a second opinion. My impression: Dr Riley doesn't know enough about Celiac disease, and is sending me elsewhere to someone who might know more. This is just a hunch of mine; it was never confirmed by Dr Riley's office. Clear communication is lacking. He might know a lot about certain things, but I will never know. I was told by staff he didn't need to see me again. Huh???? Did I ask too many questions?

October 12th, 2010
doctor Riley is the best doctor that I have had in my intire life and I have sent him many patients and theyn feel the same way great job doc.