Dr. Joel Riley Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Joel Riley?

Does not respond to negative feedback

Posted on May 19th, 2017

I wrote Dr. Riley a very detailed letter with issues in his diagnosis and treatment and he did not respond. That is no way to run a practice so i could not recommend him.

patient

Posted on June 10th, 2016

patient

Very good

Posted on March 5th, 2015

Very good.

3+ Years with Wrong Diagnosis!

Posted on November 17th, 2014

For more than 3 years, the only information I had from Dr Riley was that I had Crohn's Disease - in writing. I asked about diet, he said Standard American Diet. I asked about medication. He said to take an OTC item. So I used the internet for guidance for 3 years. Wanting better input, I switched to a different doctor. After a week, my records were not transferred. I went to get then personally. Reading my records, I did not find Crohn's Disease in any report! He had never informed me that I had Microscopic Colitis instead of Crohn's Disease. That was more than three years with the wrong diagnosis and no treatment! I'm now symptom free after just 3 months with new doctor. I now have proper treatment and medication :-)

Posted on October 9th, 2012

I have liked Dr. Riley since first meeting him. He has excellent bedside manner and is a very caring individual.

Posted on December 23rd, 2011

I had a similar experience to the reviewer who posted in October. Dr. Riley obviously doesn't want to be bothered with medical management of GI problems; he'd rather be doing procedures. It is difficult to get an appointment with Dr. Riley in a timely fashion, he does not give patients test results in a timely fashion, and he doesn't explain anything.

If all doctors were like this...............

Posted on December 2nd, 2011

The doctor and staff are WONDERFUL

Doctor? What Doctor?

Posted on October 18th, 2011

I saw Dr Riley for less than 5 minutes before my biopsy. I never actually saw him in his office, not before or after the surgery. When I asked to see him, I was told he doesn't make appointments very often; he is usually doing procedures. (Of course, that's where the money is!)When his diagnosis was opposite of one I received four years prior, I got confused as to how he came up with his response. I wanted to know what he saw and why he made an opposite diagnosis which is still having a reaction on me. I was referred to a liver specialist, and don't fully understand why. I was told there is a gastroenterologist in that office for a second opinion. My impression: Dr Riley doesn't know enough about Celiac disease, and is sending me elsewhere to someone who might know more. This is just a hunch of mine; it was never confirmed by Dr Riley's office. Clear communication is lacking. He might know a lot about certain things, but I will never know. I was told by staff he didn't need to see me again. Huh???? Did I ask too many questions?

Posted on October 13th, 2010

doctor Riley is the best doctor that I have had in my intire life and I have sent him many patients and theyn feel the same way great job doc.

Exceptional