Dr. Joel Rister Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joel Rister?

Posted on February 5th, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Rister's for 26 years. I am far from one of the "Waco Elite" and he has ALWAYS been kind and caring. He is an awesome doctor and I respect and trust him. He helped me through a difficult ectopic pregnancy and 2 wonderful births.

Shop around

Posted on January 9th, 2016

I changed doctors after being with Dr. Reister for 5 years. He did not pay attention to my needs and appointments felt rushed. Bedside manner is fake and unless you are one of the Waco elite, he doesn't care about you.

Posted on June 11th, 2015

Amazing man and doctor!

Posted on December 12th, 2014

Very sweet and caring Dr

BEWARE of this "old school" doctor

Posted on April 7th, 2014

I was pregnant with a perfectly healthy baby girl until I had a lot of trouble during labor and 4 1/2 hours of just pushing I begged for a C-section and Dr Rister didn't want to do it he instead wanted to use forceps to "ease" her down. I did not want forceps but this wasn't respected either. He pulled so hard with forceps my daughter was born with a black eye, broken clavicle and Erbs Palsy which is where he pulled on her neck so hard he damaged and severed some of the nerves that run from her cervical spine to the rt arm. She was unable to move her rt arm for almost 4 months. Whats worse is that my medical record did not reflect these events. Thank goodness for the rn and pediatrician for documenting correctly.This changed our lives. We had to travel a 6 hr round trip once a week for a year for physical therapy. Not to mention there was constant pt to be done while we were home so we could try to preserve and save any muscle we could. She is faced with surgeries and to this day and there are things she cannot do and probably will never do and all of this is because he would not honor my wishes of a C-section.

Posted on June 6th, 2011

Dr. Rister is great! I had my fourth baby with him and it was by far my best delivery experience, and I don't think it was because I'd been through it before - she was a full pound heavier than any of my others (9.4). Dr. Rister clearly wanted my delivery to be as easy & quick as possible and I'm so grateful for that! I got everything that I asked for drug-wise and even though she had to be delivered using forceps (my other three were vacumed) she's perfect! I was really happy with the whole experience and would definitely recommend Dr. Rister!

The Best Doctor in Waco, Texas

Posted on December 19th, 2010

Mark Rister

Posted on October 15th, 2010

Dr. Rister is very compassionate, caring, and competent. He delivered my youngest daughter eleven years ago with the expertise we needed, as she was a high risk pregnancy. I continue to visit him yearly. I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone needing an ob/gyn. He is a good listener and very calm and skilled in crisis situations.

Posted on August 9th, 2017