Dr. Joel Rudman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joel Rudman?

October 21st, 2016

Insulting

Not only was he way off the mark with me but with my husband also.We finally discovered my husband had stage 3 cancer. This should have been diagnosed a lot earlier. By going to another doctor he was finally diagnosed correctly.

October 9th, 2015

Our favorite family doctor.

Dr. Joel is always relaxed and comfortable in manner. He is an excellent diagnostician, and keeps up to date on all the latest research.

March 14th, 2015

Excellent visit

Went well. Liked his attitude. Very down to earth. He was just the type of doctor I was looking for, an honest guy.

February 11th, 2015

Dr. Rudman is very patient, thorough and sincere. I have been going to him for eleven years now. I trust his judgment and like his calm demeanor. Other doctors have rushed the whole process, but he listens and ensures he has covered all the bases regarding your symptoms. A gentleman...

November 21st, 2013

Big Disappointment

I've been going here for over two years and I'm ready to move on to a new doctor because I am disappointed in the care I'm getting. On one visit this year everyone from the receptionist, to the nurse assistant, to the doctor himself had the same cold/flu. They were all coughing & sneezing. I felt like I had to bathe in anti-bac gel when I left that day. You can't get anything without making an appointment. Need a question answered about your meds? Make an appointment. Want your blood test results? Need a referral? Make an appointment. (Pay a copay.) I haven't had to do that with other doctors. Was in to get blood test results read to me, there were signs saying flu shots were available. When I was taken back to the exam room I asked if I could get a flu shot while I was there and was promptly told no, I had to make another appointment to get the shot. I left the office that day drove to the drugstore to get my rx and got a FREE flu shot while I was waiting. No appt needed. Another visit, I spent a majority of my time restating things I had said on previous appointments. That day I realized that the doctor didn't have my file with him either on paper, on a laptop or even a tablet. What he had was a note sheet and billing sheet. Looking back, he's never had any kind of file with him. If you see a lot of patients, you need something in front of you to tell you the history of who you are seeing at that time. History plays a huge part in diagnosing, doesn't it? I feel most of the time he's guessing at what the problem is and that all we are is a copay and an insurance payment and that's why I'm going elsewhere.

August 7th, 2013

Late Again

After waiting over three weeks to be seen, I arrive 15 minutes early to be respectful of my appointment time. Not only was my 13:30 appt. time double booked, I ended up waiting over an hour past my allotted time slot. I soon here the doctors voice and thought he was coming in to see me. That was not to be the case. He was seeing a patient that was double booked for my time slot and she had made the appointment two weeks earlier. My time is just as valuable to me as I am sure the doctors is to him. Until this physician learns to respect the appt. times of patients, I will not ever return. I have been a patient of Dr. Rudman for over eight years and this was not a problem until recently. He might have to many patients or needs a partner.

May 24th, 2012

Condescension Complex

After giving him the benefit of the doubt for eight months, I called to cancel my appointment and inform them that I would no longer be using Dr. Rudman. Not even a simple, "Oh my, why not?" Just a curt, "Fine, you're canceled."At our first appointment, I was new to the area, with previous cardiac issues (bypass, stents, etc,) but very-well controlled. My blood work numbers were great (cholesterol: 158, BP: 114/78.) I had no symptoms. Despite my request, he never referred me to a cardiologist. After a complete change in medicines to generics (albeit at my request) because I cannot afford Brand anymore, my cholesterol is now almost 400, and my BP was 148/102 yesterday.This guy NEVER looks you in the eye, is EXTREMELY condescending, and non-caring. His office staff are pitiful (except for "Wendy.") Hope I don't die before I can find another MD...See him at your own peril.

May 23rd, 2012

Grateful for this doctor

We are so glad we were able to get in with Dr. Rudman. He is professional andcaring. His staff has been nothing butcordial and professional as well.

April 5th, 2012

Very unprofessional

I received a certified letter from his office stating he could no longer treat any patients with more than acute medical issues. I didn't receive a courtesy call or anything! I am on medications that require monitoring but this wasn't his concern. His concern was going back to the reason he opened his practice to treat acute patients.If you need a truly professional doctor to treat more than the common cold, I would not waste your time going to Dr. Rudman's office. I am just thankful he had such a great staff working for him!

January 24th, 2012

Pick someone else

Always running 30 minutes late, most times more than a hour. You must agree with this Dr or he will take offense and not finish his duty. I wouldn't recommend him.

December 13th, 2011

horrible staff!

The receptionist there is awful! She has always been rude and snippy with me. She is not helpful and always seem to be in a rush and has a horrible attitude every time I call or have to come in. when I would call concerning my medical issues, they do not call you back you have to keep calling back to get updated. Its horrible. The doctor there does not seem like he knows what he is doing and seems clueless on what's going on and he's always in a rush to get you out. Awful.

September 25th, 2011

My last choice, still looking elsewhere.

It is easy to get an appointment to see this doctor. However, I do not feel like he listens to me. I tried several time to address an issue I was having and he acted like he didn't hear me or talked over me. Do not even think about getting a referral for specialty care from this doctor, he truly believes nothing is beyond him...and that is not a good thing.