A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Schaefer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Schaefer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schaefer
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schaefer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Schaefer, BA, FACS, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Breast Diseases
- Critical Care
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Endocrine Disorders
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Liver Diseases
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Schaefer graduated from University of New Mexico , Albuquerque.
Dr. Schaefer has 2 hospital affiliations:
- St Marys Hospital And Medical Center
- Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel W Schaefer BA, FACS, and MD is a male Surgeon, has 14 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Joel W. Schaefer practice?
- Dr. Joel Schaefer has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Schaefer practices Surgery near Grand Junction, CO.
See Grand Junction Surgeons.