Dr. Joel Schlessinger MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8
  • 52 reviews

August 26th, 2016
Worst experience ever. I had seen Schlessinger for cosmetic dermatology in the past, and although I looked amazing after my treatments, he always rushed me thru so quickly that I didn't have a chance to think through my options..and the effects were extremely short lived. I honestly began to question the quality of products used. There was also the incident of an 'awkward' appointment when I was reprimanded for seeing another physician. This Spring I decided to give him another try...they took before photos from the most ridiculous distorted angles-then when Dr Schlessinger came in, he showed me my pics and said "this is why you shouldn't cheat on me!" He was literally angry and very unkind. I could go on, but it was the most unprofessional, inappropriate encounter Imaginable with a Dr.-and certainly my last with him.

June 7th, 2016
Very efficient treatment of facial acne. Dr. Schlessinger and his P.A. prescribed to me the most potent antibiotics needed to get rid of my stubborn skin problems. I had clear skin (only scars left) within just two months of visiting Skin Specialists.

January 28th, 2016
Best thing ever!!
I am way more than ecstatic about my sudden and quick improvements that I have. I've so have been wanting for many years this procedure done and finally was in the position to do something about it. Best thing ever done for myself. Mr Schlessinger is a doll of a man and very polite , friendly and recognized instantly without asking , why I wear my hair the way I did. It was to hide my imperfection due to acne scaring etc.... That showed me he was in tune with others. At my age I see the regrets on my face unfortunately. But not now, I see much more and so does my husband. Without him knowing , ever since my treatment he has continually told me how beautiful I am several times a day. He already was telling me but goodness, not as much as now. I highly recommend a visit to his office and experiencing the professionalism and wonderful things they have to offer for yourself and give yourself a little boost of confidence that you may be lacking and get a treatment of some kind that they offer. You wont regret it. I'll be back !!! Thank you again, many times Mr Schlessinger for your talents.

January 17th, 2016
Really look at your options!
Nice facility, nice staff...even the doctor was polite but his work? Not so much. Extremely disappointed. Had a few pre-cancerous moles removed. One of them was on my neck. Not only did he do a hack job but it got terribly infected leaving behind a hideous scar. I have people asking me all the time what happened? or if a bug bit me. I now wear a lot of scarves to hide it or use cover up to at least try to help it blend in. My thoughts...I think Joel came from a wealthy background put up a lot of billboards an add on the radio etc. which makes people think he's the best of the best and the dermatologist to go to. I would advise you not too. You won't be satisfied leaving you to find another dermatologist to fix what he made worse. Working for a surgeon myself I know their were better options other than what he explained and thought was best. I was hesitant but after all he is a doctor! He went to school for this right?! just really look at your options. His name may be out there but he's not the doc to see.

December 21st, 2015
Amazing physician and staff! Highly recommend!!

October 3rd, 2015
not nice guy

September 30th, 2015
Amazing care
I was so impressed and touched with the care and concern of both Dr. Schlessinger and Jackie. They are friendly, to the point, and amazing. I go out of my way to go to this office because I know they will take care of my wellbeing and explain things.

September 15th, 2015
No nonsense appointment
I was so nervous to go to my appointment. Once I was there, the staff made me feel more comfortable. Dr Schlessinger was very informative about my condition. The technicians were very nice. I would recommend his clinic and I will go back.

August 31st, 2015
Last-minute facial was sooo worth it!
I had a facial and it was great! I was able to make an appointment on very short notice (skin breaking out and just felt like I had to do something about it right away). The place was beautiful, clean, comfortable. Aesthetician listened to my "skin saga" and made helpful suggestions. She did not push me to buy any expensive products. The facial was soooo relaxing - I totally dozed off for the last few minutes! My skin is looking better too. Highly recommend this spa!

August 27th, 2015
bad
bad doctor with bad attitude. I will not be going back to see him.

August 20th, 2015
very arrogant

August 14th, 2015
great experience with Dr Schlessinger and his staff
Dr Schlessinger took the time to listen to my concerns regarding a rash that another dermatologist was not able to figure out. Every one of his staff was friendly, helpful and respectful of me and my time. He did blood tests and biopsies and his staff called me within a few days with results and how to follow up. The only reason I didn't put 5 stars on "accurate diagnosis" is because he referred me to a rheumatolgy specialist because it seems to be something more than skin deep. I would highly recommend anyone with skin issues to see Dr. Schlessinger and his staff.