Dr. Joel Schlessinger MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 23rd, 2017
Great Customer Service
I took my 14 year daughter in for issues related to acne. We had gone to another dermatologist in Council Bluffs for the same issue and had good success but wanted to see if there was anything different that could be done for her. The staff from check in to dismissal did a great job treating Abby with respect and treated her as the patient. They spoke directly to her and really tried to get to know her and make her feel comfortable. Jackie and her staff make Abby feel at ease with what is often a difficult subject. We discussed the treatment options and they did not try to talk me into spending a ton of money on anything. We will definitely be back for follow up. We really appreciate the great customer service.

June 12th, 2017
Made very uncomfortable and forced to leave for refusing to allow them to take unnecessary pictures of my face.
I went in for a nail problem and they scanned my drivers license, insurance card and took my copay then I was told to stand against a wall with a TV scrolling through pictures of patients so they could take pictures of me for "security reasons". I politely refused since I was there for a finger nail and the office manager came in and told me it was their policy and I either let them take multiple pictures of my face or I would be refused service. I was very uncomfortable by their tone and this very odd demand so I maintained my position and I was forced to leave without seeing the doctor.

May 31st, 2017
Excellent
Dr Schlessinger & his staff are the most courteous, knowledgeable, friendly medical office I know. They went out of their way to help me feel comfortable & provided a plethora of knowledge for my Botox procedure, in addition to my skin check & mole removal. Their biggest concerns revolve around their patients & absolutely go out of their way to see that my concerns are handled. I cannot stress the importance of this. TWO THUMBS UP!

March 23rd, 2017
All about the money
Felt like I was a farm animal. It is very apparent the entire staff is there to do nothing but collect your money and charge up the visit in any way they can. Had about 3 minutes with the doc at the most. To top it off I was ultimately diagnosed with skin cancer, they were worthless in their follow up. As soon as results came back they scheduled me for in office surgery to remove it. A month later and 1.5 days before my scheduled surgery they call and cancel saying the procedure needs a surgeon. Will never go there again.

February 20th, 2017
Wonderful Practice and Fabulous Office Staff
This office makes each procedure comfortable, exciting, and well worth your time! Dr. Joel Schlessinger has such a wonderful bedside manner and is a true artist! The entire staff has always been so caring during each visit and they always make sure to address all of my concerns. Come see this office for all your skin care needs, you won't regret it!

February 13th, 2017
Very Good Experience
From the beginning I've had very positive results from the research center and clinical side for my visits. Dr. Joel Schlessinger and his staff are very attentive and helpful and considerate during all my evaluations.

February 10th, 2017
Love this office!
I took my son to Dr. Schlessinger's office for a rash and I was very happy with the outcome. The office staff was very friendly and made my son feel comfortable. He is only 5 years old and was embarrassed by the rash all over his body. The wait was surprisingly short and the PA was fantastic, my son warmed to her very quickly. I have heard so many great things about Dr. Schlessinger and now I see why. I would certainly recommend bringing your family here to see Dr. Schlessinger. It is well worth it.

February 2nd, 2017
Dear acne sufferers
I would recommend Dr schlessinger's office to anyone. My skin has not looked this good in years! I have been to other dermatologist in the past, tried several different treatments, with no luck. They determined what kind of acne I have (I thought all acne was the same) and came up with a treatment plan specific to my needs. I have also seen a PA here who was great. I love all the nurses! They spend extra time with you after the doctor leaves to make sure you understand everything. I would refer anyone to them.

January 27th, 2017
Simply the Best
A long history with this provider was interrupted by moving to another part of the country. We continued to buy products from Lovely Skin during that decade, but we're SO happy to be back where we know that we're getting the best treatment and help from the most caring and professional staff anywhere!

January 25th, 2017
Dr. Schlessinger's Care of My Skin Concerns Helpful
My multiple skin concerns were all addressed in my initial visit. This relieved my worrying and benefitted my busy schedule.

January 20th, 2017
Highly Recommend Dr. Schlessinger
Outstanding knowledge coupled with a very personal and professional approach makes it a joy to receive care from both Dr. himself as well as all of his wonderful staff.

August 26th, 2016
Worst experience ever. I had seen Schlessinger for cosmetic dermatology in the past, and although I looked amazing after my treatments, he always rushed me thru so quickly that I didn't have a chance to think through my options..and the effects were extremely short lived. I honestly began to question the quality of products used. There was also the incident of an 'awkward' appointment when I was reprimanded for seeing another physician. This Spring I decided to give him another try...they took before photos from the most ridiculous distorted angles-then when Dr Schlessinger came in, he showed me my pics and said "this is why you shouldn't cheat on me!" He was literally angry and very unkind. I could go on, but it was the most unprofessional, inappropriate encounter Imaginable with a Dr.-and certainly my last with him.