A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Sewchand:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Sewchand is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sewchand
Colonoscopy Patient Education Guide Read all about colonoscopy examinations and tests with Vitals colonoscopy patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Sewchand Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Sewchand, FACG, FACP, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Sewchand graduated from Howard University , Washington. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Sewchand has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Southern Maryland Hosp
- Civista Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel Sewchand FACG, FACP, and MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Joel Sewchand practice?
- Dr. Joel Sewchand has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Sewchand practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near La Plata, MD.
See La Plata Internists and La Plata Gastroenterologists.