A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Shulman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Shulman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Shulman, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Shulman graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Shulman has 9 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore Medical Center
- Plantation General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shulman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 10 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 11 plans
- JMH Health Plan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 12 plans
- Humana - 28 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joel S. Shulman practice?
Dr. Joel Shulman practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Vascular Surgery near Plantation, FL.
See Plantation Internists, Plantation Cardiologists, Plantation Cardiothoracic Surgeons, and Plantation Surgeons.