A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Silver:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Silver is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Silver, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Silver graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Silver has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Rockville General Hospital
- St Francis Hospital & Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Silver accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 22 plans
- Anthem - 18 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joel S. Silver practice?
Dr. Joel Silver practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology, Hematology, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery near Hartford, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Manchester, CT and Vernon Rockville, CT.
See Hartford Internists, Hartford Hematologists, Hartford Oncologists, and Hartford Plastic Surgeons.