A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Silver:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Silver is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Silver
Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Patient Education Hodgkin's Lymphoma patient education guide explains how your immune system can be compromised by HD and NHL.Before Visiting Dr. Silver Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Silver, MD is board certified in Hematology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Silver graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Silver has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Rockville General Hospital
- University of Connecticut Health Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel Steven Silver MD is a male Hematologist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Hematology.
- Where does Dr. Joel S. Silver practice?
- Dr. Joel Silver has 4 office locations.
Dr. Joel Silver practices Hematology near Hartford, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Vernon Rockville, CT and Manchester, CT.
See Hartford Hematologists.