A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Silver:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Silver is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Silver
Chemotherapy Patient Education Read all about cancer symptoms, diagnosis and treatment in our chemotherapy patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Silver Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Silver, MD is board certified in Hematology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Silver graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Silver has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Rockville General Hospital
- University of Connecticut Health Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel Steven Silver MD is a male Hematologist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Hematology.
- Where does Dr. Joel S. Silver practice?
- Dr. Joel Silver has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Silver practices Hematology near Hartford, CT.
See Hartford Hematologists.