Overall Review

April 4th, 2016
What Happend?
Dr. Spellun was a godsend to me almost 20 years ago when I came down with pancreatitis and was almost on deaths door. Although his personality could be a little quirky at times, he was very competent, and it wasn't that difficult to get an appointment. Fast forward to a few years ago. It became increasingly difficult to get an appointment, and many times we had to see the NP instead. Dr. Spellun's personality seemed to become more arrogant as well. Rather then taking the time to research my problem, he seemed to dismiss everything as being related to being overweight or for mental health reasons. Some family members that went to him noticed this as well. We have since changed to a new gastroenterologist who takes our concerns more seriously. Maybe Dr. Spellun needs to take some time of from practicing to do research or perhaps consider an early retirement if he can't be nice to patients and their families.

September 30th, 2015
FIND HIM TO BE IGNORANT AND A KNOW IT ALL.

May 17th, 2010
Dr spellun has been my GI doc for many years. He truly saved my life when I first got sick with Crohn's disease. My primary MD had told me I had a flu. I would not be here, symptom free and living a normal life if it were not for his ability to diagnose and treat me!!!