A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. Joel Taurog:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Taurog, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Experimental Arthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
- Rheumatic Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Taurog graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Taurog has 9 hospital affiliations:
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Taurog accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 1 plan
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 14 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans