A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Thompson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Thompson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Thompson
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Thompson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Thompson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Thompson graduated from West Virginia University, Morgantown. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Thompson has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Grand Strand Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel Thompson MD is a male Internist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Joel Thompson practice?
- Dr. Joel Thompson has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Thompson practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Myrtle Beach, SC.
See Myrtle Beach Internists and Myrtle Beach Gastroenterologists.