A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Virkler:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joel Virkler is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Virkler
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Virkler Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Virkler graduated from A.T. Still University - Kirksville.
Dr. Virkler has 2 hospital affiliations:
- St Elizabeth Medical Center
- Jasper County Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel Andrew Virkler DO is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 2 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery, and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Joel A. Virkler practice?
- Dr. Joel Virkler has 1 office location.
Dr. Joel Virkler practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery, and Sports Medicine near Lafayette, IN.
See Lafayette Orthopedic Surgeons and Lafayette Surgeons.