Dr. Joel Walker MD Patient Reviews

3.3

April 11th, 2016
Great Dr. awesome staff. Have been going to for 10 years he's that good

September 29th, 2015
One small step above a bad Vet

September 4th, 2015
Excellent Pediatritian!
I recommend him to anyone asking for a reference! He is my son's pediatrician. He is nice, to the point, and always takes the time to answer my questions. No, he is not super chatty, and finishes his appointments rather quickly, but I like that. I don't have time to be at the dr's office all day! I slways leave feeling like he cared about my son and his health.

June 20th, 2014
Straight talk and does care
I've been seeing Dr. Walker for years and he has never let me down. He's always given me good advice on managing my diabetes and he isn't the type to throw too many meds at a problem.

October 24th, 2013
Uneducated about breastfed babies & nutrition.
Horribly uneducated about breastfed babies. Gave "medical advice" that was and is absolutely contrary to medical research. Several times, he told me to stop breast-feeding my healthy baby, and at the 12 month check-up told me that there is zero nutritional benefit to nursing. I found several medical professionals and peer researched journals that contradict him...not to mention the World Health Organization. When I brought my 10 month old in with a 104 fever, he snorted at me and asked why I was there -- AFTER I explained he had a high fever for over 24 hours.

September 23rd, 2013
Never again will I put my sons' care in his hands
Chip on his shoulder, check! Knowledgeable, NO! Compassionate, absolutely not! Took both my sons to see him as an emergency visit as my 6yr old had an exercise educed asthma attack during baseball practice and my two yr old was running 105 fever for 2 days. He had previously treated my son for asthma but didn't refill his inhaler, and sent my 2 year old with a diet of crackers, jello and no dairy. Said if the symptoms worsened he would call some meds in. This began on a Wednesday. By Friday, my son was still feverish, so I called back - only to get the same instruction. I went to the ER and turned out my son had a bad ear infection!!! OMG I was livid! We are def. out to find a different physician! We're done!

June 6th, 2012
Rude
Thought I would try out a new doctor closer to where I live now and from the moment I saw him walking into the building w/me I had a feeling he was the doctor I was going to see. His demeanor wasn't very friendly and when he walked into my exam room, he had an attitude and refused to fill out some forms that I needed for work to be excused for my time off. He told me that because he wasn't the doctor who treated my hand (which I had 4 stitches put in), he couldn't fill out the forms for me. That I had to go to the Dr. who treated me in the ER, but the ER doctor told me he doesn't fill out forms and told me to go see a doctor in order for them to be filled out. So when Dr. Walker refused to fill them out, I refused him to treat me any further and walked out. Terrible, terrible bedside manner. Would not recommend him to my worst enemy.

April 13th, 2012
Straight talker
Came to him after one Baylor and One Cooks pediatrician. Can't ask for a better person. He is not a sweet talker. He expects you to be responsible & take time to know yourself. He always fits you in even on the busiest day if you are an existing patient. His nurse is polite & helpful.

April 12th, 2012
I definately would not recommend Dr Walker. He is very curt and non caring and does not seem to be sincere in the nature of my concerns. Tells me to go on internet for exercises for dizziness, no further testing etc.

September 16th, 2011
Do not recommend him
Called my two year old stubborn!! While trying to do his examination and had no patience. After that he sent us home and said I would be contacted in 24hrs. Even though I tried to express my concerns that something was seriously wrong with my child he dismissed them, only to have us end up at cooks hours later. My child was hospitalized.I was told if I would have waited to received treatment for my child the infection could have attacked the major organs and possibly resulted fatal because of how rapid the infection had spread. This was not the first occasion that Dr. Walker has been rude and made us feel uncomfortable and just plain dumb as parents. Personally I feel you should have 100% trust and feel comfortable with your child's doctor to insure they are getting the best treatment possible and I feel that Dr. Walker has failed in doing so with my family.

August 5th, 2011
horrible
This Doctor has horrible bedside manner and rushes through his appointments in 5 minutes or less. He dismissed all of my concerns regarding my daughters illness on THREE different occassions only to have her be rushed to the ER all 3 times and then sent to Cooks. I wish I had trusted my instincts more then. Do not use him. His nurse is pretty bad too. She keeps saying she cannot deal with kids that get 'dramatic' when they get multiple shots..???!!! What pediatric nurse says that? I have been there for about 5 years only because they were less than a mile, but it was a terrible decision and all I can say is that I wish I had left sooner.

July 13th, 2010
Not Good
Dont like him at all... made me feel like an idiot for bringing my baby in for a cold. also he would not prescribe anything for my babys head shape. had to go to another dr who told me my baby had a severe case and needed to be fitted for a helmet. very rude and acted like i didnt know anything.