Internists, Pediatrician

1615 Hospital Pkwy
Ste 103
Bedford, TX 76022
817-684-3500
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  Straight talk and does care  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Walker for years and he has never let me down. He's always given me good advice on managing my diabetes and he isn't the type to throw too many meds at a problem.

|  Uneducated about breastfed babies & nutrition.  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2013

Horribly uneducated about breastfed babies. Gave "medical advice" that was and is absolutely contrary to medical research. Several times, he told me to stop breast-feeding my healthy baby, and at the 12 month check-up told me that there is zero nutritional benefit to nursing. I found several medical professionals and peer researched journals that contradict him...not to mention the World Health Organization. When I brought my 10 month old in with a 104 fever, he snorted at me and asked why I was there -- AFTER I explained he had a high fever for over 24 hours.

|  Never again will I put my sons' care in his hands  |  show details
by A very disappointed mom on Sep 23rd, 2013

Chip on his shoulder, check! Knowledgeable, NO! Compassionate, absolutely not! Took both my sons to see him as an emergency visit as my 6yr old had an exercise educed asthma attack during baseball practice and my two yr old was running 105 fever for 2 days. He had previously treated my son for asthma but didn't refill his inhaler, and sent my 2 year old with a diet of crackers, jello and no dairy. Said if the symptoms worsened he would call some meds in. This began on a Wednesday. By Friday, my son was still feverish, so I called back - only to get the same instruction. I went to the ER and turned out my son had a bad ear infection!!! OMG I was livid! We are def. out to find a different physician! We're done!

|  Rude  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2012

Thought I would try out a new doctor closer to where I live now and from the moment I saw him walking into the building w/me I had a feeling he was the doctor I was going to see. His demeanor wasn't very friendly and when he walked into my exam room, he had an attitude and refused to fill out some forms that I needed for work to be excused for my time off. He told me that because he wasn't the doctor who treated my hand (which I had 4 stitches put in), he couldn't fill out the forms for me. That I had to go to the Dr. who treated me in the ER, but the ER doctor told me he doesn't fill out forms and told me to go see a doctor in order for them to be filled out. So when Dr. Walker refused to fill them out, I refused him to treat me any further and walked out. Terrible, terrible bedside manner. Would not recommend him to my worst enemy.

|  Straight talker  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2012

Came to him after one Baylor and One Cooks pediatrician. Can't ask for a better person. He is not a sweet talker. He expects you to be responsible & take time to know yourself. He always fits you in even on the busiest day if you are an existing patient. His nurse is polite & helpful.

Apr 12th, 2012

I definately would not recommend Dr Walker. He is very curt and non caring and does not seem to be sincere in the nature of my concerns. Tells me to go on internet for exercises for dizziness, no further testing etc.

|  Do not recommend him  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2011

Called my two year old stubborn!! While trying to do his examination and had no patience. After that he sent us home and said I would be contacted in 24hrs. Even though I tried to express my concerns that something was seriously wrong with my child he dismissed them, only to have us end up at cooks hours later. My child was hospitalized.I was told if I would have waited to received treatment for my child the infection could have attacked the major organs and possibly resulted fatal because of how rapid the infection had spread. This was not the first occasion that Dr. Walker has been rude and made us feel uncomfortable and just plain dumb as parents. Personally I feel you should have 100% trust and feel comfortable with your child's doctor to insure they are getting the best treatment possible and I feel that Dr. Walker has failed in doing so with my family.

|  horrible  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2011

This Doctor has horrible bedside manner and rushes through his appointments in 5 minutes or less. He dismissed all of my concerns regarding my daughters illness on THREE different occassions only to have her be rushed to the ER all 3 times and then sent to Cooks. I wish I had trusted my instincts more then. Do not use him. His nurse is pretty bad too. She keeps saying she cannot deal with kids that get 'dramatic' when they get multiple shots..???!!! What pediatric nurse says that? I have been there for about 5 years only because they were less than a mile, but it was a terrible decision and all I can say is that I wish I had left sooner.

|  Not Good  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2010

Dont like him at all... made me feel like an idiot for bringing my baby in for a cold. also he would not prescribe anything for my babys head shape. had to go to another dr who told me my baby had a severe case and needed to be fitted for a helmet. very rude and acted like i didnt know anything.

Oct 4th, 2009

Made me feel my autoimmune disease was all in my head.Dismissed all the systems I told him that I was having. This was all before he even examined me or looked at my medical records. He prescribed antidepression pills that had side effects that would only exacerbate some of the conditions I was in there for in the first place.

|  Very knowledgable family doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 17th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Walker is very professional and considerate of his patients. He is thou rough and always helpful during visits. I am pleased with him as...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
by Jennah G. on Feb 9th, 2009

I found Dr. Walker to be personable and caring. He seemed to listen to me with a sincere ear. I look forward to taking back my health with his help. His staff was sweet and attentive as well.