A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Wertheimer, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Wertheimer graduated from Sackler School Of Medicine, Ramat Aviv.More Education & Awards
Dr. Wertheimer has 4 hospital affiliations:
- New York University Medical Center
- University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wertheimer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Joel Wertheimer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joel I. Wertheimer practice?
Dr. Joel Wertheimer practices Obstetrics & Gynecology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Miami, FL and Brooklyn, NY.
See New York Obstetricians & Gynecologists.