A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joel Wittles:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Wittles
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Patient Education Vitals patient guide for information about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) symptoms and causes of IBS.Before Visiting Dr. Wittles Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joel Wittles, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Gastrointestinal Motility Disorders
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Wittles graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Wittles has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Witham Health Services
- Clarian Health Partners, Incorporated
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joel Merrell Wittles MD is a male Internist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Joel M. Wittles practice?
- Dr. Joel Wittles has 7 office locations.
Dr. Joel Wittles practices Gastroenterology near Indianapolis, IN.
Additional practice locations include: Batesville, IN and Lebanon, IN.
See Indianapolis Gastroenterologists.