Dr. J Stuebgen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. J Stuebgen?

October 8th, 2017

A disgrace to the profession.

Belligerent towards other patients, abusive to staff, incompetent-- unfit for patient practice.

October 2nd, 2017

Brilliant, caring, funny & a great diagnostician

It is hard to believe these negative reviews. I saw Dr. Stuebgen a couple of weeks ago and I thought he was a wonderful doctor. In fact, my internist had recommended him very highly. First, he is obviously brilliant, with the God-given capacity to retain a tremendous amount of knowledge and skill. Second, he really listens. I think some people may mistake his quietness and believe he is not paying attention. Believe me, he pays very close attention to every word. He takes copious notes and misses nothing. Third, his incredible energy. He took a very thorough history and diagnosed me quickly and accurately, then proceeded to leave the office and come back with a stack of information giving me everything I needed to get well. Finally, I found him to be patient and kind, with a great (though dry) sense of humor. There are lots of doctors out there that will prescribe meds that can be harmful, or they will tell patients what they want to hear rather than the truth. Some patients like going to these doctors because they give them what they want, rather than what they NEED. Dr. Stuebgen will give you what you need and will really help you, but you need to trust him.

August 3rd, 2017

Great doctor

takes time, answers questions, patient, smart, pleasant, listened!!

May 30th, 2017

Incompetent

I have been his patient for almost 3 years and every time I call to refill my meds it takes his office over a week, sometimes close to two, to fill the prescription. It is not a complicated and can easily be taken care of in 5 minutes or less but for some reason they feel no need to do so in an orderly time. This has happened repeatedly throughout the years and it is finally getting to the point where it seems as if they could care less if I get my medications, which help to fight off the terrible migraines I get quite frequently.

March 9th, 2017

I like Dr. Steubgen a lot...

So far I visited Dr. S. 3 timeswith an issue of a new kind of headache (in addition to 2 kinds I already had before). I was admitted immediately, doctor listened to me patiently and spent a lot of time to explain things and discuss the options. I liked his energy, brilliancy and a sense of humor too... The pills he recommended are helpful. I do trust him and like him and will be back there.

February 8th, 2017

The worst

My migraines have been textbook since i was 16. I was officially diagnosed in my 20s. I went to him because as i aged my migraines have changed and gotten progressively worse. I had new symptoms I never experienced and was in the middle of an excruciating migraine. He took my blood pressure which was high. He made no comments about my bp being high even though im in my early 40s. He dismissed ALL my symptoms told me to see my doctor about hormones. Really?? Gave me his GO TO scrip topiramate. Then without me saying one word flat out said... I am not giving you any pain meds. He stood up and said see you in 4 weeks. I paid out of pocket to see a real neurologist out of my network that through a combination of medications was able to control my migraine. He also scheduled me for an MRI, which came back abnormal. I now go to Montefiore's Headache Clinic and i could not be happier. I am seen every 3 months. My migraines closely monitored and medications tailored to what works. I now take 2 meds regularly which work to control my migraines and i was given a rescue pain reliever when a migraine strikes. That is REAL medicine. This doctor not only doesn't care but I think he's lazy and judgemental.

January 25th, 2016

Great physician

I saw Dr. Stubgen recently and he was 100% opposite from what the reviews below have mentioned. I'm glad I didn't read this before I went to see him. My experience was nothing like what these ppl have written. The physician was very patient. I will admit that he does get straight to the point but I rather know that the physician I'm seeing is focused on what I'm saying and automatically knows what I'm talking about. I don't want a physician that is guessing. Dr. Stubgen in my opinion is brilliant. I look forward to my visit with him next month.

December 17th, 2015

Curt, Dismissive & Uncaring.

He seemed very curt and dismissive, often cutting me off and trying to suggest that what I was saying was of no importance (although I was telling him ...

December 17th, 2015

He seemed very curt and dismissie, often cutting me off and trying toto suggest that what I was saying was of no importance (although I was telling him of my symptoms). He did not take time to actually listen and attempt to accurately diagnose my condition. He more so seemed like he was just trying to get me out of his office.

December 9th, 2015

Waste of time

A very disappointing experience. This arrogant and dismissive quack was a complete waste of both my time and my insurance benefits. Very sarcastic, one-track minded, and making hasty conclusions, especially when diagnosing. Unless there's a 5 inch tumor sitting in your brain and is jumping out of your MRI, this so-called doctor will dismiss all of your symptoms as "nothing" and will ascribe them to stress. (!?!). Horrible diagnostician and very disinterested in going beyond any basic exams. If you have any diffuse and unusual symptoms, this poser will just brush you off and try to get you off his hands as quickly as possible telling you there's nothing wrong with you. At the most, you'll get a prescription for sleeping pills and an advice for a healthier, stress-free lifestyle, with 8 to 10 hours of sleep every night (LOL!!!). Unless there is an obvious brain tumor or a highly visible and obvious deformity in your head/brain, he will dismiss complaints of repetitive strong headaches, dizziness, nausea, vertigo, fogginess in your head, eye pain, buzzing in your ears/head, facial tics, occasional partial numbness on one side of your head- as NOTHING. He will refuse to do any additional diagnostic tests beyond an MRI (which may not be even warranted and will just be unnecessary radiation for you). Do not waste your time with this charlatan. He is obviously more interested in meeting a quota and making a juicy pay check in order to keep up appearances and maintain his social status with his heiress wife than taking his patients seriously and examining them thoroughly. Most likely, he won't be interested in seeing you again after the second visit. I'm not sure how he's maintaining his position at the coveted Weill Cornell with such a poor and unprofessional attitude.....? One would assume that Weill Cornell evaluates their doctors and their success, along with patient satisfaction from time to time. Obviously not. Don't go to this doctor, or even better- don't go to Weill Cornell Neurology at all.

July 24th, 2015

One star off for crowded waiting room.

Coming from the Midwest very recently and spoiled by the U of C, Northwestern, nice facility, free parking, etc., it was logistically and demographically challenging for me to zoom in on Presbyterian-Cornell, the Neurology group and then Dr. Stuebgen. I chose the hospital first, then the affiliated group, and the Dr. who's available within a reasonable time, has a clear record of training and a sufficient number of years of practice. Between the two available slots, Dr. Stuebgen fit my criteria better. Though I read the reviews before going in, I wanted to take the first appointment on a trial basis. With all due respect to some complaints here, I suspect that everyone experiences prejudice differently. Luckily, I did not feel uncomfortable during my visit. The doctor seemed intelligent, knowledgeable and clear. He was fast paced but spent enough time and was thorough, given a packed waiting room with everyone running at least 30 minutes late... I don't know enough about the effectiveness of long term treatments by Dr. Stuebgen for a certain condition. My symptom was mild and hopefully just a one-time event. From years of helping my senior parents with their healthcare, I learned that Dr. and patient must be a cohesive team where the patient is the most important participant in managing long-term care. People have different decision making styles and temperament, especially when the Dr is under pressure and the patient feeling unwell. Fortunately, we are dealing with highly educated people here, and we do have choices.

June 15th, 2015

After I was assaulted by the 1st bus driver, I went to "this dude" about my upper right extremity's numbness & pain. Sent for an EMG nerve test... 2nd visit, got EMG results & asked him to call physical therapist 'cuz my right upper extremity was too painful & too shaky for him to continue to treat me but threw a tantrum at me & refused to call my therapist! Came the 2nd assault by the bus driver... My condition has gone significantly worse & went back to "that dude", the flat out told me I was a "doctor shopping, pill popping" "drug addict" looking for prescription drugs for a condition never exist!! But that non-existed condition sure scared off the treatment from my therapist & now my hand surgeon who has me to retake that very painful nerve test 'cuz the results from the one he did was on purposely blacked out!! How classy!