Dr. Joey Liu Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Joey Liu?

RUDE Receptionist answering phones

Posted on April 20th, 2012

I'm a new patient who was assigned by my insurance company to Dr. Joey Liu, and I wanted to call the office to ask them a couple of questions before setting up my FIRST appointment. The lady who answered the phone was SO RUDE from the first word that came out of her mouth. She seemed so annoyed to have to answer the phone and deal with anyone. She tried telling me he wasn't accepting new patients, even though I tried explaining that he was listed as my doctor through my insurance...her response: "well he's NOT accepting new patients, so I don't know what to tell you". REALLY LADY?! I wasn't going to sit there and argue with her, so I hung up and decided this just wasn't going to be a good fit for me. I'm so annoyed and disappointed that this is how patients are treated when they call Dr. Liu's office. I hope Dr. Liu treats his patients better than the way his staff treats them.

Joey Liu is awesome doctor

Posted on March 8th, 2011

Dr. was very efficient and knew his stuff well. The nurse finished checking my blood pressure. Two minutes later, the doctor walked in. He was really patience with my questions and took the time to answer all of time. I wanted to make sure I understand clearly so I repeated some of my questions twice and he was really good about answering them again. He didn't smile and didn't look cheerful but that didn't bother me as long as he was good about treating me accurately and I was happy my time wasn't wasted waiting for Dr. Liu. The last time I was there being treated by another doctor, my wait time in the patient room was about 20 minutes for the doctor to come. She was really cheery and bubbly but didn't sound that intelligent so I rather have Dr. Liu since he's accurate and didn't waste my time.

Got help fast

Posted on February 4th, 2010

My husband was very ill with something, possible kidney dysfunction, intestinal blockage, etc. Dr Liu saw him within 10 minutes of arrival even without an appt. He ran some tests, examined him, made a tenative diagnosis, and began treatment including an in office IV. We were so glad to avoid the ER. He diagnosed severe food poisoning; within a few hours, he began to improve, by the end of the day could sit up and take liquids. He is not the most cheerful, friendly guy but I don't really care if he is good at diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on August 30th, 2014