Dr. Johanna Archer MD Patient Reviews

• Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Louisville, KY

• Good
  • Bad

June 27th, 2016
The best doctor and staff we know
Doctor Archer has a heart of gold, that is so evident as she has truly dedicated her life to helping individuals and couples overcome infertility. We are just so thankful for the day we were referred to her, thankful for every doctors visit we shared with her, thankful for her genuine concern every time we had a negative pregnancy test, thankful for every laugh and smile she gave us, but most thankful she gave us the gift of life with two sweet babies. The staff proves every bit as memorable. They all have a unique way of putting a smile on your face and always keeping hope in the journey. They always left us better then when they found us. We could not think more highly of Doctor Archer and her staff, and, would recommend her to anyone. Doctor Archer and her staff have left such a special mark on our hearts. We sincerely love them all and they feel like our family!

November 6th, 2015
Inexperienced
Spent almost two years working with Dr. Archer to overcome fertility problems. It ended up being two years of expense and emotional trauma. She did not realize that my husband's vasectomy reversal required a special sperm wash in order to alleviate issues caused by antibodies. After visiting a more experienced fertility doctor, we were pregnant within a month.

October 8th, 2015
I have NEVER had a doctor personally call me with test results like Dr. Archer does. It was a wonderful change of pace. She makes sure that you don't feel like just another patient. She explained everything and helped develop a plan from day 1. I feel more in touch with what's going on fertility-wise than I do at my PCP. She's wonderful.

May 7th, 2015
patient
We saw Dr. Archer at the University of MN in Minneapolis. She was a new doctor to the clinic with new ideas and protocols. I firmly believe that if not for Dr. Archer and her experience with women in their late 30's, we would not be blessed with our now 7-year old son. I appreciated not only her clinical expertise but her support and kindness. She is one of a kind.

March 31st, 2014
I have never given a doctor review before so the fact I am doing so says volumes for Dr. Archer. I am 40 years old and already have 3 children and wanted a 4th.. I knew because of my age things may be difficult this time around.. From my first appt, she was very informative and positive. She ran blood test and did ultrasound on me from day one and within two months I had and hsg (tubes were blocked) and then had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy in which she successfully unblocked my tubes. :) I am not pregnant yet as I just had the surgery a few days ago however I feel very confident I will be in no time. I already have children so I don't know what it is like for women who have not filled that void yet but I can understand the frustration of not knowing why it is not happening and not knowing if something is wrong.. In my case there was and I am ecstatic to have found a RE who shows real genuine concern for her patients.

August 12th, 2013
One word...AMAZING
I have heard horror stories about RE's and I thank my lucky stars every day that we were referred to Dr. Archer. She is a gem. She is kind, couteous, and most of all very knowledgable. The staff greets you by name, she personally calls you back, she makes herself available to you 24/7...you just don't find many doctors like her anymore. Anyone in the market for an RE would be crazy to look any where else.

March 16th, 2013
Patient
Love, love, LOVE Dr. Archer. The thing I love about her the most is that she doesn't discuss (other than small talk) anything with you in the exam room. She does your ultrasound, gets her information together and then sits down with you in her office to go over the numbers and plans. Although she is crazy busy, she always takes the time to sit with you and explain anything you need more information on. If you have to wait, it's not often and well worth it. You'll get all of the time you need with her. She is a bit of a control freak, which I quite honestly love (probably because I am one myself). She returns all of her own phone calls, does not push them off on the receptionist or MA and also answers her own after hours calls. Not many left like her, at all. Highly recommended. Definitely not up on her high horse like many physicians. Humble.

June 28th, 2012
Dr. Archer was wonderful and kind and caring. I got more information from her in two hours than I have with my OBGYN in 2 years.

April 16th, 2012
excellent doctor!
I would highly recommend Dr. Archer to anyone. She spent over two hours with my husband and I during the initial appointment. Very unusual for a doctor to do that these days. She took a lot of time to answer our questions and seems very knowledgeable. It is so nice to find a doctor that seems to actually care!

March 27th, 2012
Dr. Archer is the most personable RE I have seen. She seems to really care for my Husband & I, and that is a trait that is lacking in most Dr.'s these days. I would recommend her & her staff at Fertility First to anyone!

May 9th, 2011
Excellence and patient care takes time
dr. Archer is an excellent doctor. She took time to discuss options, explain them to me to help me make an informed decision. She was honest and forthcoming. She answered messages in a timely manner and I have a healthy baby because of it. I would highly recommend her.

April 7th, 2011
the wait time was a little long, very nice and good bed side manners did not get all my questions answered dr archer seemed a little rushed but all in all she very knowledgeable and straig forward the staff is great and the lab girls the best!!