A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Coats:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Coats is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Back Injuries
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Coats graduated from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Coats has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Imperial Point Medical Center
- University Hospital & Med Cen
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John A Coats MD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John A. Coats practice?
- Dr. John Coats has 2 office locations.
Dr. John Coats practices Neurological Surgery near Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Tamarac, FL.
See Fort Lauderdale Neurological Surgeons.