A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Coats:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Coats is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Back Injuries
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Coats graduated from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Coats has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Holy Cross Hospital (on staff)
- University Hospital & Med Cen
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Coats accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 9 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- JMH Health Plan - 4 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 11 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John A. Coats practice?
Dr. John Coats practices Neurological Surgery near Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Tamarac, FL and Pompano Beach, FL.
See Fort Lauderdale Surgeons.