Dr. John Dean MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Baton Rouge, LA

3.9

October 11th, 2016
Wrong doctor sorry
I love to bring my kids here. No long wait and the was always nice.

October 24th, 2015
Stay Away!!!
This man called my MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) infection a "blister" and treated me for weeks with Methicillin neglecting to even culture the infection to find out what was going on. Despite getting worse and worse on the antibiotics. 14 weeks later, I have still not healed, been able to return to work (mother of 2 with no income) and am on the verge of loosing everything! I am fortunate to be alive, and might not be if it wasn't for the amazing ER staff. He then tries to take credit for their work! Please Beware!

April 15th, 2015
Very satisfied!
Very professional and patient. Highly recommendable!

November 21st, 2014
Go Elsewhere and fast
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Diagnosis: failed breast reconstruction. Cost a fortune and years to finally get fixed by a competent Doctor. Also, he lies to cover his mistakes, tells you it will be a year before you get your final result (so you can't sue him, if it's awful). He is very cowardly and will not face me at a medical review panel to discuss the mistakes that were made with my care. Hides behind lawyers and uses technicalities to protect himself. This is not a Doctor who stands behind his work. There are doctors out there who will, keep looking.

July 7th, 2014
Breast Reconstruction
Dr Dean is very knowledgeable, thorough, friendly and experienced! His entire staff is friendly and makes me feel welcomed. I'm always in and out in a timely manner. My reconstruction after mastectomy looks AMAZING. Dr Dean did an AWESOME JOB!! Exceeded my expectations completely!!! Recommend to anyone!!!

May 29th, 2014
Horrible doctor
Horrible rhinoplasty eyelid and breast reduction. Horrible doctor. I have a droopy lumpy crooked nose now. I have pulled down hollow eyelids now. He made incisions on my face that I was not told about. My breast reduction and lift resulted in the exact same size breasts as before only very slightly lifted with horrible scarring. Go to someone else unless you want to look a lot worse than you started out looking. I'm now very depressed and do not leave my house. Not exactly what I was hoping for.

March 23rd, 2012
our experence overall...
My son was born with a cleft lip/cleft palate and dr.dean has worked with my child since birth.As a concerned mother I couldnt be happier with my childs reaults.He still works with him and helps us with his speech.He is very considerate and if I could go back and pick another Dr. to do the surgery,I wouldnt.We were very satisfied.He still works with my child and we are very happy with the progress my child has made because of him!!

December 20th, 2011
Dr. Dean is very knowledgeable in this area and takes his time to explain the procedure. His bedside manner is great. He has enough followup visits to where you never feel like something may happen during your recovery period and you would have to wait to see him. His nursing staff is awesome. They make it a pleasureable experience. They are highly recommended.

March 2nd, 2010
Great Doctor!
Dr. Dean has a wonderful bedside manner and outstanding surgical results. I would recommend him to anyone wanting to look and feel their best.