inactive

John A Farmer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

July 22nd, 2016
My appointment was just yesterday so there has not been time for a follow-up visit, but I have never felt so comfortable and at ease with a doctor so fast. He showed compassion and interest in my problem and medical history.

August 14th, 2015
Best heart specialist alive that I've used, but he may be retired now.

June 10th, 2015
Careful, methodical, pastoral. Excellent Doctor!!!

April 18th, 2015
Great Cardiologist
Quick appointment, on time, courteous staff, excellent doctor, spends time to explain diagnosis, procedures and medicines, listens to your symptoms & complaints,...glad to hear about and be diagnosed by him. I will recommend him to everyone I know.

March 30th, 2015
Great Doctor
As soon as you get check in. they are calling you back. He always takes the time and makes sure that my family and I understands whats going on. He answers all your questions no matter what they are. He makes you feel like part of the family. Hes never in a rush to get out of the room.

September 12th, 2013
Best and most caring doctor
Dr. John Farmer (heart doctor) and Dr. William Mitch ( kidney doctor) at the Baylor Clinic are the best and most caring doctors I have ever had. They spend as much time with you as you need, they answer all questions and their physical exams are the old style, meaning they are very through and complete.

February 7th, 2013
patient
Took his time, asked questions, then exam. Seemed interested in me as a human being, not just a number.

May 5th, 2012
Dr. Farmer is the most caring doctor I've ever had.
I've never had another physician as caring, or as attentive as Dr. Farmer. I have a very rare heart condition. He's always taken extra time with me and my family to discuss my condition. He calls me himself whenever we run into a problem. He also stays on top of my other medical conditions to make sure I have everything taken care of that could affect my heart. He's also a fantasically interesting doctor. He knows everyone and has a story to explain just about any problem you have with your heart. He is second to none in patient care. I've never met another person with his heart or his dedication to his patients.

April 13th, 2011
Dr. Farmer makes a point of not keeping his patients waiting. He listens and discusses my issues with me and my husband. He is knowledgeable and experienced.

July 16th, 2010
If you ever need a cardiologist, see Dr. Farmer at Baylor Clinic. I went for a pre-op clearance, and he spent a whole hour with me, getting to know me and my fitness lifestyle in addition to thoroughly checking my heart. He said my pre-op EKG was probably a false positive based on his exam and his getting to know me and my athletic activities. To ensure no problems with the pre-op clearance process related to my EKG results, he ordered an echocardiogram, which was performed on the same visit. He emailed a personal note to me that evening explaining the echocardiogram confirmed that my heart was very healthy. All the people who worked with me during the visit were extremely nice, friendly, and professional. I arrived early and was getting checked in by the nurse 15 minutes before my appointment; Dr. Farmer arrived very soon after the nurse finished. Even with the echocardiogram, I was in and out in about two hours, so there was very minimal waiting time. It would almost be worth having a heart problem just for the pleasure of meeting Dr. Farmer. If you are old enough to have heart problems, you'll probably remember Dr. Welby on TV - that's Dr. Farmer - kind, caring, and all knowing.

February 21st, 2010
Overall Experience so has been excellent.