A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Herring:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Herring is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Herring
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Herring Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Herring, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Herring graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston.
Dr. Herring has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Baylor University Medical Center
- Children's Medical Center of Dallas
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Anthony Herring MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. John A. Herring practice?
- Dr. John Herring has 1 office location.
Dr. John Herring practices Psychiatry near Dallas, TX.
See Dallas Psychiatrists.