Overall Review

June 3rd, 2016
He was over an hour late for scheduled surgery, did not do what he said he did, which of course was verified by his peers, leaving more damage from scar tissue, as that was ALL that he did, was create scar tissue and then had the nerve to lie about what was said, which was witnessed. Prior to seeing him was just pain, since seeing him- DISABLED!

May 13th, 2016
All in all was a great experience

March 24th, 2016
I suffered from back pain for about 18 years and for the past 15, I had sciatic nerve pain on and off. Then this past year the pain just never went away. Dr. Jenkin's staff were able to assist me with making a quick appointment and surgery to relieve the pain but he did more than relieved it because it went away. When I woke up from back surgery, my pain was immediately gone and I can say that I have been happy with the overall surgery and his staff.

October 1st, 2015
performed my surgery did an excellent job

May 8th, 2015
Thank you Dr. Jenkins
A no nonsense very skilled Dr. I Had brain and neck surgery, Fantastic results.

April 21st, 2015
Had surgery in 2011 and he is assume. If I had to do another back surgery I'll call him again.

February 23rd, 2014
BRILLIANT Neurosurgeon
Dr. Jenkins saved my life after a horrific car accident that left me with a broken neck and a complete C5 spinal cord injury causing me to become a quadriplegic. The night of the accident he met with my family and took the time to answer their questions and made sure they understood EXACTLY what my injury entailed and my prognosis. He took the time to sit with my EXTREMELY emotional, upset husband and put his mind at ease prior to my life-saving surgery. Immediately following the accident he performed an anterior fusion and three days later he did a posterior fusion. After I recovered from surgery and was stable enough I transferred to the number one spinal cord injury rehabilitation facility in the US. While there I was under the care of a very picky neurosurgeon that specializes in spinal surgeries. Upon admittance he immediately did a CT scan and wasted no time telling me what an excellent job Dr. Jenkins did on the surgery. Later, my nurses and therapists told me what an unusual compliment that was as he very rarely compliments other surgeons and even goes so far as to redo approximately 90% of his patients surgeries. Dr. Jenkins made sure to follow up with me after I returned to Orlando following rehab. At my office visit he was professional, courteous and took the time to answer ALL our questions and made sure we understood his answers. He was very honest and up-front about my prognosis. He and his staff were all warm and welcoming. I would highly recommend Dr. Jenkins to any one. He is one of the best in the country - a truly BRILLIANT, caring neurosurgeon.

October 12th, 2012
Just met with Dr Jenkins for the first time today. Based on reviews, I was expecting someone different. He was friendly and took what I felt was an appropriate amount of time. We even had some small talk. I'll be following up in two weeks, but so far so good. Would definitely recommend.

October 10th, 2011
Dr Jenkins is the reason I am walking today!!!!
For the person who wrote" that Dr Jenkins will not care about you if you do not have good health insurance" sure got it all wrong... I was taken to Orlando East with a L5 S1 injury after I had my surgery a year before. What was left of my left side of disc exploded and was very close to my spinal chord. Dr Jenkins was called at Orlando South for a consult over the phone. Mind you that I have Medicaid, He had me air lifted really fast to him. I have never felt more comfortable meeting anyone than I was meeting him. He did tell me that it was possible I might not be able to walk again but.... He made sure that did not happen. I love Dr Jenkins for everything that he did for me and will refer him to anyone who need back surgery. He is a great Surgeon and I am thankful that he answered that call.

September 23rd, 2011
Great Experiences
Never waited more than 20 min to see Doctor. I hate long appointments and every appointment was clear, focused and to the point. Recovery after surgery was shorter than expected and the pain went away soon after. Within a few wekks I was able to regain my normal life activities with minor adjustments. Would recommend.

September 14th, 2011
Dr. Jenkins is a brilliant neurusurgeon. I sought him out because he is one of best in his field. He fused two discs in my neck 6 months ago and it is even better than I expected. This past month I had 2 lumbar discectomies and a lamonectomy at l5 /s1 followed by an emergency coronary stent while I was recovering from the back surgery. Although he is not very talkative, he is straight and to the point. I find that if I do stop him, he will slow down and spend more time. He has always answered any and all questions I may have had and made certain I was not suffering needlessly. While in the hospital, he took time to come see me even though I was under the care of the ER doctors. He consulted with all of us concerning the angiogram and possible angioplasty. If you want a brilliant surgeon, he's your man. If you want someone to hold your hand and tell bedtime stories, I think he has more critical things to do.

September 5th, 2011
I'll Never Return
I had two appointments with this Dr. He was rude and though I have great difficulty moving he told me to "hop" on the table, I barely move. Getting down was horrible and he never asked if he could assist me. He refused to answer questions the first time, when I went for my second appt. I asked about a specific type of surgery since he didn't mention it as an option (although another doctor said it was the best). He told me to my face he never heard of it -I found that shocking especially since he mentions it on his website. He told me my success was very limited essentially telling to do nothing and live on variety of pain pills. I believe the limited insurance reimbursement had a significant influence on the surgery suggested as well as his callus attitude. The fact he lied to me sends warning bells -what if you have a problem? Will he be honest with you? What about if he were in court? He is a cold, heartless man. Unless, you have great insurance, don't waste your time and hopes. My friends were appalled when I recounted my experience.