Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  A Patient Review in Retrospect  |  show details
by Jennifer Lewandowski on Dec 3rd, 2013

I am not a patient of John Knapp's anymore as I have relocated to the Chicago area. It is important to note that I am a former resident physician of the ACGME. This means that I was in a residency program. Two prior-in fact-ie. Internal Medicine (not completed) and in Pathology (not completed). In fact, I do not currently have a gynecologist secondary to prior experiences I have had both in residency from what I have observed with patient care and as the patient. There is a significant violation of HIPAA (health insurance portability and accountability act) of many patients, including myself. Many physicians are too cavalier when seeing a patient in terms of bedside manner. My mother and my grandmother were also patients of this physician, and he would always discuss them with me at appointments. This is not professional. I can only anticipate the sensitivity that physicians discuss of a former resident physician's female body such as myself when talking with other physicians. I am writing this review to state that healthcare is broken as HIPAA is violated, and many physicians lack a sensitivity for patients and for patients' families. This is one of the reasons why I left the medical profession. John Knapp also called me 'kid' whenever he saw me at an appointment. Why? Because of my breast size of a AAA? I am a woman, and I will never get breast augmentation. I love my body the way it is. Too many medical professionals lack a tact and also lack a sensitivity when discussing patients and patient care, and too many violate HIPAA. Too many physicians have forgotten that medicine is about patient care and not about politics. Unfortunately, physicians promote healthcare politics more than patient care. This retrospective review is long overdue.

|  Great doctor!! Rude staff!!  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2013

I really enjoyed this doctor and would have been really comfortable with him as my delivering OB, but there have been a few rude staff members I've had to deal with that have ruined this office for me. If you are able to see him at a location other than the Roseville office, DON'T THINK TWICE. HE'S GREAT.

|  Amazing <3  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2011

Dr. Knapp is just AWESOME!!! He got straight to the problem, did the necessary tests, found the problem, and corrected it within a few short months. i would highly recommend him to everyone !!!!!!!!!

|  Great OB  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 13th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Knapp is a great OB. He gets to the point and tells you what you need to know. He was one of the Dr I saw with my first son and he was v...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com