Dr. John Long MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

September 27th, 2016
great result, nice doctor
While I think these rating sites are cheesy and a little bit silly, I would like to leave a great review for doctor long. He was able to fix my dropping eyelid and now I can see so much better. the experience at the hospital was no scary. I feel I was treated with respect and all in all I am quite pleased!

August 27th, 2016
Very Satisfied
Dr. Long was strongly recommended by my dermatologist. I contacted him and had an appointment within a week. Within one more week I was having my surgery. Dr Long was very friendly and professional, explaining each step in the procedure and what I could expect. The surgery was shorter and easier than I had imagined. I had no pain and the recovery was a breeze. I am very satisfied with the results and would highly recommend him.

August 18th, 2016
Happy
This guy is great. My friends have had their lids done by Dr Long and now I have had my lids done. I am so happy. The whole experience was great!

August 18th, 2016
Dr. Long did a great job on my eyelids!
The process and the results of my eyelid lift procedure were very satisfying. Dr. Long and his great staff made the whole thing as easy and comforting as it possibly could have been!

August 10th, 2016
Great Results
I had a great experience with Dr Long, he made it easier and more pleasant than I ever could have asked for. He and his staff were genuinely interested in me and my eye problem. Everyone from my first phone call to the completion of my surgery were kind and welcoming. He made sure I was at ease during the procedure with his good music and engaging conversation, and my surgery was over before I even realized it. I had no pain during the procedure and little discomfort during my recovery. Most importantly my eye looks better than I expected. Thanks so much!!! I highly recommend Dr Long.

August 10th, 2016
Dr. John A. Long at Alabama Ophthalmology Associates is an excellent physician! he and his professional staff consistently make their patient & quality of the top priority. Dr. Long has and continues to provide me with the best possible patient care that is second to none! I would definitely recommend him to anyone seeking high quality eye care.

July 23rd, 2016
Be Cautious and Informed
Dr. Long did not perform proper blepharoplasty assessment. He overlooked critical ocular features impacting outcome. I suffers symptoms immediately after surgery and they continued for months..swollen conjunctiva, multiple styes, severe dry eye, corneal ulcer, staph infection and lower lid retraction. He also performed a brow procedure without my verbal or written consent which ended up causing my lateral portion of brow to droop. He denied all symptoms but the swollen conjunctiva. He later wanted to tighten my lids to help my symptoms. I consulted 11 oculoplastic and ophthalmic surgeons who stated my eyes were damaged from blepharoplasty and his proposed remedy would further damage my eyes. A 50 minute procedure turned my world upside down. I had to quit working and go through a $40,000+ reconstructive eyelid surgery and may require more because of extent of damage. Some of the surgeons I consulted have presented my case/pictures at professional meetings to educate surgeons about factors leading to poor outcome blepharoplasty and the devastating impact it can have on one's life.

July 13th, 2016
Upper and lower bleph
Love this Dr! So professional

May 17th, 2016
Blepharoplasty!
I am so glad I had Dr Long do my blepharoplasty. I look great, I feel great and people notice. Well done!

May 11th, 2016
Fantastic visit with him today. Very thorough, made my 4 year old extremely comfortable, and took the time to make sure I understood everything. Awesome.

April 20th, 2016
Dr. Long was very thorough in my diagnosis of ocular rosacea. He took time with me and instilled confidence, Would highly recommend him.

April 4th, 2016
Unhappy
Very unhappy with final results. I was told after he removed approx 5-6 stitches he would "allow" me to remove remaining stitches at home NOT my responsibility!! I can not see well and I paid for "Total Eye Restoration" so.... I'm left with permanent scars from UN Removed stitches!! They are visible. Also before my final exam my left eyebrow had noticibley drooped. His response was unless it got worse he wouldn't do anything! Excuse me we are talking drooping within 3-4 weeks post -op!