Dr. John Oconnell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Oconnell?

Insomnia

Insomnia

Get the facts about insomnia, including the different types, who gets it, and what causes it.

Have you seen Dr. John Oconnell?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 10th, 2017

He's the best there is always concerned about ones well being very patient and informative . We the islanders love him along with his awesome staff.

August 17th, 2016

My mother was suffering from severe pain due to pinched nerves in her lower back. She was so pleased with Dr. O'connell professionalism and how well he treated her. She gives him 5 stars for the epidural treatment he gave her.

March 19th, 2015

Best doctor ever

March 13th, 2015

Curt, dismissive, cold. Was taken aback that any health care provider would really be this way with any patient. A proper diagnosis requires two way communication.

December 19th, 2014

Very professional with good results.

July 20th, 2014

Very fine doctor.

Dr. O'Connell is a very knowledgeable doctor. He has treated me twice for compression fractures. I trust his judgement. He is a doctor that believes in conservative treatment, and physical therapy.

January 27th, 2014

Horrible experience !!!

I was referred to John A O'Connell for severe back pain. During my visit he can visually see me in agonizing pain unable to sit or stand. He performed an x ray at the office and said he didn't see anything that can be causing the pain. Sent me home, refused any type of pain medication, additional tests and declined all my phone calls. After suffering for 2 additional weeks of excruciating pain went for a 2nd opinion where in MRI was performed, turns out i have multiple herniated disks among other things.

July 22nd, 2012

Patient

I visited Dr. O'Connell several times preceding a epidural shot; I had been experiencing pain in my upper buttocks. He had performed the procedure with no anesthetic, local or otherwise, nor any sedative. The pain was the most excruciating I had ever experienced in my life until that point, this coming from someone who bore three children. During the days following the procedure the pain returned ten-fold, surpassing that of the actual process. This time the pain ran along the entire sciatic nerve, radiating and causing inflammation of my knee joint, calf, and ankle on my left leg. During the follow-up he told me the procedure did not seem to work, and that he "can't be anymore help." He had refused to write a prescription for any sort of pain medicine, even a patch which was preferable in my case as I suffer from GI complications. Needless to say, I shall not return to Dr. O'Connell.

July 3rd, 2012

No follow up

Dr. O'Connell never called me to comment on the results of X Ray Exams.

July 10th, 2017