Dr. John Porter MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 13 reviews

October 10th, 2016
EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN
I was referred to Dr. Porter by others who had seen him and raved about his care, and now I can see why. He's an excellent Physician, not only highly competent, but sensitive to his patients. He has vast experience in many areas, is progressive and proactive in finding solutions for his patients. He's efficient and yet takes the time necessary to understand the issue, listen to the patient, teach/explain what's going on to the patient and provides timely follow up. He's what every Physician and healthcare Provider should be. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

July 10th, 2016
Dr. Porter and Mark Pane Saved My Life
I had been to many providers, they all told me I was depressed (for 8 to 9 years) and added different meds. I was not getting better so each one decided to do blood work, always focusing on B12 and thyroid levels (I must of had this blood work done 8 times) each time the same result "everything looks normal" One day I made an appointment with Mark Pane (PA) he decreased the meds and started me on one with less side effects. That made me feel a little better but I when back and said Mark I don't feel good at all and I can't continue down this path. I would wake up and after about 1 hour I was ready for a nap....after that nap about 1 hour later another nap...I would take many naps each day. Oh and a key side note I was taking 1 Adderall twice each day. I would take an Adderall and take a nap 15 minutes later. So when I said to Mark I can't continue this path he stood up and said I'll be right back. Dr. Porter came back with Mark and together decided to do more blood work...and in my mind I said here we go again!!!! However, they did something No One Else had done...They checked my Vitamin D level...I said really vitamin D guys (ok whatever)...the next day I received a call from the office indicating my Vitamin D level was in single digits. I start taking D2 50,000 X 2 = 100,000 once a week. After one (1) I was a new person...I'm not taking naps, I'm talking to people and enjoying my family once again. I will NEVER be able to repay Dr. Porter and Mark for saving my life...and yes they saved my life.

October 26th, 2015
Terrible Doctor
His wife is his nurse and she sees patients - this has got to be fraudulent. She is forgetful, silly and flippant. He breaks the law by exposing other patient's medical history and interrupts you to tell stories about himself. In the end, he misdiagnosed my mother with Multiple Sclerosis. She went for treatments that I later found out he was receiving compensation for. Now years later, my mother does not have MS, and never did. He used her false diagnosis to bolster his drug trial.

May 19th, 2015
Exceptional PA on Staff
Mark Payne, PA, a staff Pain Specialist, is extraordinarily skilled and positive. Highly recommend.

March 27th, 2015
\There is a fabulous staff and everyone makes a great effort to make sure that you are issues are listened to and are properly addressed

December 12th, 2014
I take a friend to Dr. Porter's regularly. He seems genuinely interested in patients and their concerns, listens to them.

July 5th, 2014
Happy Patient
I am a health care provider and have dealt with migraine headaches for many years. I am very pleased to have found Dr. Porter and Mark Pane, PA-C, to help treat my condition so I can be headache-free. Both Dr. Porter and Mr. Pane are professional, caring and up with current research with regard to treating patients. I especially appreciate this as a healthcare professional. I recommend this practice.

June 30th, 2014
shouldn't practice medicine!!
Horrible bedside manner, doesn't listen to patient's questions or concerns. Talks about himself, where he travels to, how much money he makes, and who he knows. He also breaks hippa laws by telling you patient's names that he treats! Very unprofessional. I have been misdiagnosed. I received my medical record and none of my symptoms were written down nor were my phone calls addressing concerns with his medical assistant, Debbie in there either. He also wrote that I drank! I haven't touched a drink in 2 years due to my medications!! Everything stated in my medical record was wrong. I was and still am extremely angry. How can this man practice medicine? He never gave me a Neuro exam, never remembered why I was there for follow up appointments. The infusion lab was a nightmare! Sue was beyond rude and would talk negatively about the doctors around the patient's. Dr. Porter' s wife, who is a nurse in the infusion lab is forgetful, Doesn't remember doesages and always has to check with sue about meds. Sue talks negatively about her as well. That office is terrible. If you're smart, you'll cross Dr Porter off your list!

July 5th, 2012
Exceptional
I've been a patient of Dr. Porter for several years. He worked with me until my migraines are almost non-existant. He has made other diagnoses that were right on the money. He referred me to an exceptional neuro-surgeon...Dr William Brown who performed surgery on my lower back.

March 24th, 2012
Forever grateful!
Dr. Porter has helped me so much with pain issues that I've had most of my life. It's been life-changing for me. No longer do I have to endure and suffer terrible migraines or neck and shoulder pain...he gets right to the bottom of what's causing the problem and has a treatment plan that works.

December 20th, 2011
I would NEVER recommend this Doctor
My visit to this office left me in worse condition than I was than before I went. This Doctor added things to my medical record that equated to a felony. I went back a week later and confronted him, and since he has recanted his statement about me. My feeling about doctors is that they should first and foremost protect the patient, his lack of concern for misrepresenting me would cause me to advise anyone seeking care here to rethink that decision. Your medical record is vital to your life, doctors should be held accountable for ensuring what they write in your history is an accurate reflection of you as the patient. My neurosurgeon sent me to this office, and since finding out my experience there have adamantly decided to send me elsewhere for care. I caution you greatly if you are going to see this doctor...

January 26th, 2011
Thought he was the Doctor but found out office manager runs the show. God Bless!