inactive

John A Ryan Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 14th, 2013
Excellent Surgeon
I felt like I was well taken care of before, during and after my surgery. I was referred to Dr. Ryan for a Thyroid nodule that turned out to be cancer. I am very happy I was referred to him. I feel that my surgery went very well and the outcome was better because I had such a great surgeon.

November 3rd, 2011
Major Disappointment!!
My local endocrinologist referred me to Dr. Ryan for evaluation of one large and two moderate sized thyroid nodules and a thyroid cyst, which had increased in size over the past year. Not only did Dr. Ryan and his resident brush off my concerns in a condescending manner, which included sighing and eye rolling when I asked questions, but his resident spent more time talking with my husband than with me once he realized my husband worked in the sciences! Dr. Ryan actually chided me for my concerns, saying he had patients with much larger nodules than mine and removing them would necessitate removing the thyroid gland, so I should "just live with them and he would see me in a couple of years!" He showed absolutely no sensitivity for the fact that I was leaving his office with these things growing in my neck, pain in my ears, and intermittent difficulty swallowing and no answers! I felt humiliated by the experience and I can guarantee that Dr. Ryan and his staff will NOT be seeing me again...ever!