Dr. John Schneider MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 15th, 2016
Would continue for other hand

December 29th, 2015
Dr. Schneider is a great man. He really takes his time to explain everything he is going to do to help you get better.

January 14th, 2015
Dr. Schneider was extremely thorough in his diagnosis and care. He presented the options for treatment and we tried several things prior to out-patient surgery. He was a great listener and explained what was happening in terms I could understand. I would definitely refer others to him.

December 23rd, 2014
Mrs. Regret I ever made the appointment..
Never in my life have I ever met a Doctor so rude as this guy. I will be moving on to find help somewhere else, as well as contacting my primary care physician and tell him that was a horrible referral. Having knowledge and brains only goes so far, a horrible bed side manner makes him a complete jerk in my opinion. He actually yelled at his nurse in front of me. Totally unprofessional. If he was the last doctor on earth, I'd rather die.

August 10th, 2014
Carpal tunnel release
I was very satisfied with the patient care that I received from Dr. Schneider and staff. I had carpal tunnel release surgery on both of my hands and doctor Schneider did both. What I really liked about Dr. Schneider was that he always told me what he was doing or going to do during the procedure. He was very calming and put me at ease even when the injections were being put into my hand. When I asked if the injections really hurt, he did not make me feel like I was being a big baby, but told me that they are not fun and will hurt for about a minute and after the surgery is a piece of cake. He was absolutely correct. Once the numbing took effect, the rest of the surgery went very well. I also appreciated his bed side behavior. He allowed me to ask all my questions and I never felt that I was taking up too much of his time. I would highly recommend Dr. Schneider if you need to have carpal tunnel release surgery. The only negative thing I would have to say is allow yourself time with your appointment because he is often running behind. He always apologizes and takes time with you when you finally get to see him.

June 5th, 2014
Poor Healtcare
The guys has the bedside manner of a boar. Very arrogant person. I would not take my dog to be treated by him. Not to mention he triple books appointments usual wait times 45 minutes to an hour.

February 10th, 2014
Outstanding!!
After reading some of the reviews that have been posted, I imagine some of these people must have some sort of agenda with him. Dr. Schneider has preformed 5 surgery's on me and every single one turned out for the best!!!, great!,. He is a no nonsense Dr. (which I appreciate) tells it like it is, he has done 2 carpal tunnels, 1 trigger finger , 1 trigger thumb and rotator cuff. Although the rotator cuff was a difficult surgery for me, but nothing that he said about it was false. It is a long recovery and yes, you do have to be diligent in doing your therapy, But I had the best Dr. and the best therapist, Kristen. Without them I would still be in pain and tears on a regular basis. He might have been stern maybe that is not even the right word to use, ( but only to emphazie the importance of doing therapy and what not to do, but never, never rude or demeaning, or yell. I think some people need to grow up and take responsibility with their recovery and not put it all on the Dr. I give Dr. Schneider a 4 star in my book!! and would never even dream of going to anyone else!! He is fantastic..... He might not tell you want you want to hear, but he tells you what you need to know!! but hey, that's life. Unless you want someone to sugar coat things. And his staff is just wonderful!!!, Hey people this is a serious business, and he is a serious Dr. who wants you to have results. It's your own fault if you drop the ball with any order he give you. Dr. Schneider , your the BEST!!!!! a very happy and continued patient.

January 23rd, 2014
Bully, hot head!
Dr. Schneider is nice prior to surgery, but is a completely different person afterwards. In the followup appointments he yells, belittles, and bullies you. I am a nurse and have Never experienced someone so rude and unprofessional! Think twice before you have him perform surgery! I went in for a shoulder surgery and now am looking at a total shoulder replacement. I have had many second opinions and everyone is amazed at how bad the shoulder he operated on is. He wouldnt even release the pictures from surgery to the other surgeons i was seeing.

May 19th, 2012
Excellent Doctor and caring
I had 4 surgeries performed by Dr. Schneider in a 2 year span. I broke my elbow and cut tenons and ligaments in it. Also I had to have pins put my wrist. I had nerve damage in my forearm due to the accident. My right arm was a mess. The care and caution that Dr. Schneider took with my right arm was great. He never jumped into anything. He never left me in the dark about the possible results of the surgeries. The arm is great and the limitations on the wrist due to the pins is as I was told would be. He didn't sugar coat anything. any of the surgeries. the That was how I thought of my first experience of talking to him. After that 1st visit though I never again experienced the same thing; he was very knowledgeable and caring and explained everything before and after procedures. His nursing staff is the best and his hand therapist did a great job. Dr. Schneider was like a friend and doctor thru the whole ordeal

January 25th, 2012
A lot of people (me too, at first) have trouble with Dr. Schneider's brash, "mean", stern manner of speaking. That was how I thought of my first experience of talking to him. After that 1st visit though I never again experienced the same thing; he was very knowledgeable and caring and explained everything before and after procedures. I have been to Dr. Schneider for 3 different diagnoses and for the second 2 I was almost afraid he was going to rant at me again, but it didn't happen! He did a wonderful surgery on my arm with barely a noticeable scar and I have utmost confidence in him and will gladly return with any further problems! Wonderful office staff and therapists right at the same clinic!

January 16th, 2012
See Someone Else
In a lifetime of seeing a variety of doctors, this was by far the WORST experience and it is fair warning to state that one star is too generous for this utmost unprofessional and pomus "Dr." As the adage goes: "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me..." The bottom line for this office is the type of insurance you carry. 'Treatment' was a wait-and-see--for three appointments, thus increasing the number of office visits as well as the length of time their buddies would be engaged for physical therapy. Schneider even brought up our insurance type in the office, which was NOT relevant to the injury or care. His PhD will trump what a lowly patient thinks, which was substantiated by his office assistant. This guy threw a tantrum, yelled, berated, and basically used scare tactics, mentioning he didn't want to have a lawsuit (it sounds like he's been threatened before) regarding recommendations for treatment, which were none at that point. When talking to his assistant., she said his caustic manner was a common experience. Why would anyone put up with someone that feels they can treat you like you're an idiot (my I.Q. is 164)? Ignore his "Milwaukee Magazine Best Doctors" piece on the wall. He didn't make the list nor was a runner-up in 2011; I doubt his peers would vote him in if they knew how awful his bedside manner was these days.

November 9th, 2011
The best!
Dr. Schneider is definintely the "go to" doctor for shoulder surgery. The hospital that he performs his surgery at is top notch and so is the staff. His staff is great also! I had rotator cuff surgery in May 2011, and he was up front, telling me that it would take months to get my strength back and what to expect. I appreciate being told what is likely to happen. Although I hope that I never have to have further orthopedic surgeries, Dr. Schneider will be the first doctor I will call. Thank you, Dr. Schneider.