Dr. John Abrams MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Carmel, IN

3.4

October 9th, 2013
Misdiagnosed my eye condition. Didn't offer any help to make my eyes feel more comfortable. Paid for two visits. Said he could give me an antibiotic but wouldn't help. Turned out it wasn't due to a virus and antibiotic drops helped. Had to go online to learn to use warm compresses to help with the discomfort.

August 7th, 2012
Horrible bed side manner
Arrogant and reckless. Probably does 20 suregeries a day and doesn't follow up properly with patients. Doesn't listen to patients.

May 16th, 2012
After having been diagnosed with cataracts and needing surgery, I was told that Dr. Abrams was an excellent surgeon and that after surgery, my vision would be 20/20. The staff and Dr. Abrams assured me that I would have perfect vision after surgery. I had my surgery in my left eye first and that went fairly well. My vision was greatly improved. Two weeks later, I had surgery on my right eye. I could tell that my vision in that eye was blurry and not very clear. I was told that it would get better. On my final visit with Dr. Abrams, I told him my vision was very unclear in my right eye. He totally dismissed me and said it was good enough to pass a vision test at the BMV! He then said my eyes were healed and left the office. I feel that he made an error in the prescription for my right eye which is now permanent.