Internist, General Practitioner

|  A Doctor Who Actually Listens  |  show details
by Milicia on Nov 20th, 2013

|  Great doctor!!!  |  show details
by Milica M. on Nov 13th, 2013

Both my husband and I are Dr. Abroon's patients. He is very thorough and listens carefully, he asks a lot of questions and he actually listens to answers. He always refers us to the best specialists around, but he always tries to address issues himself as well. I have had very bad migraine problems and he helped me tremendously, unlike two neurologists that I've seen. His staff is super nice as well. They always call right away with tests results, even when they are good. Dr Abroon is very very good with dealing with insurance companies. I absolutely recommend Dr Abroon without any hesitation. Milica

|  Continued Satisfaction  |  show details
by Tom on Sep 17th, 2013

I continue to be very happy with the medical care I have received from Dr. Abroon for the past 18 years . Dr. Abroon is a compassionate and understanding and has a unique ability to foresee possible issues related to my health . I hope to be under his care for many years to come!

|  Dr. Abroon is one of the reasons I love NY  |  show details
by Lauren R on Sep 5th, 2013

Rents too high, streets too noisy, subway too crowded, traffic too jammed. Why do I stay? Because there is Dr. Abroon! He has helped me through many serious medical issues and I have received the best of care. He is a fine internist and is part of an excellent network of specialists.

|  A Doctor You Can Trust  |  show details
by Steve on Aug 30th, 2013

I was a long time patient of Dr. Robert Seeley and when he retired in 19xx, Dr. John Abroon took over his practice. Dr. Seeley was a superb physician and I was concerned about anyone filling such large shoes. Thankfully, I was not disappointed. Dr. Abroon not only met, but exceeded my expectations. He has a very calm and reassuring manner and empathizes with his patients. Also, he is a really good Doctor. Over the years, he has detected health issues early on and referred me to great specialists who were able to deal with them before they became problematic. Doctor Abroon is more than a practitioner – he is a true professional who sees medical care holistically.

|  How Every Physician Should Be  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2013

Dr. Abroon is a rarity among medical professionals. He takes the time to listen, answer questions and then make suggestions to help me keep healthy. His referrals have been excellent and thorough.

|  Dr. Abroon  |  show details
by Catherine B. on Jul 24th, 2013

Dr. Abroon was recommended by a friend when I moved to NY. I have been his patient for over 3 years. He is a wonderful doctor, is very kind and thorough. He will never hesitate to get the extra medical test when I am concerned about something. I never have a problem to get an appointment, or referral. I have recommended him to some of my friends without any hesitation. It is hard to find a doctor who really cares and does not rush. He is great!

|  show details
Mar 18th, 2013

He was my family doctour for 15 years. due to an insurance mix up (which was his staff fault) he told my son sick with the flu to go to the clinic around the corner. he is smart but greedy lacks ethics and I heard him screaming at an old lady saying medicare pays to little. Stay away he will drop you like a hot potato

|  Dr. Abroon is a doctor I trust  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2011

I was hesitant to choose an internist online, but I must say I was very impressed with Dr. Abroon. His bedside manner was one of the best I have ever experienced. He was kind and caring, and listened to me explain my history and why I was there. His diagnosis made sense to me -- he was not all over the place trying to get me to take unnescessary tests. I did not feel rushed or as if part of an assembly line. I will recommend him to my friends, and have already made an appointment for my mother!

|  Not a great experience  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2011

Dr Abroon seemed very unconcearned with my issues. He had a horrible bedside manner and was very dismissive. Will not return.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2010

I have seen Dr. Abroon for many years. He has been very responsive to me and spends time with me. He knows me well. When I have a medical complaint, he is accessible, listens to what I say, asks questions and does office tests, and gives advice. He starts with a treatment for the most common condition with the characteristics I exhibit. He follows up to make sure my condition responds as he expects, and if not, quickly gets me to other tests and a good specialist if needed.

|  terrible doctor, worse human being - stay away!!!  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2009

I would like to give 0 stars but that is not an option.

|  Saved my life.  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2009

Dr. Abroon is excellent. He is very caring and thorough in his practice. He was referred to me by an excellent neurologist. He has really helped me to cope with my medical issues. Highly recommend.

|  not very good  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2008

VERY little bedside manner. In fact, downright rude and dismissive of complaints.