Overall Review

3.9

February 21st, 2013
The best Gastroenterologist!
I adore Dr. Ackert. He spends time with his patients reviewing all pertinent details and makes you feel at ease prior to a procedure. I feel confident having him perform my colonoscopies and would not see any other practitioner for relevant stomach issues.

September 21st, 2012
A PLEASANT MD WHO ACTS AND GET THE JOB DONE
DR. ACKERT IS VERY PLEASANT AND CHARMING. HOWEVER, WHEN I SAW HIM, HE SEEMED IN A HURRY TO GET MY DATA AND DO HIS ANALYSIS. HE CLAIMED TO HAVE SOME SCHEDULING PROBLEM. HOWEVER, HE DIAGNOSED MY PROBLEM, DID THE APPROPRIATE TESTS, AND ARRIVED AT A CONCLUSION THAT MADE SENSE TO ME. I AM NOW ON MEDICATION. I DID AN ENDOSCOPY WITH HIM AT KIPS BAY ENDO. IT WENT VERY SMOOTHLY. THE STAFF WAS SUPER-GREAT AND THE PROCEDURE WENT WELL. I WOULD CERTAINLY RECOMMEND DR. ACKERT!

July 9th, 2012
I thought he was great. good bed side manner and available when I needed him

March 27th, 2012
The office was rude and insulting about confirming the coverage of my insurance on the morning of my procedure, after it had been confirmed prior to that day.They keep me waiting over an hour and were insulting and never apologized for their mistake. I only got my pathology results when I had another doctor call on my behalf after waiting 6 months. I will never go back to the office and would urge you to find another doctor.

August 26th, 2010
Behind with Recent Medical Research
Dr. Ackert means well, and that comes across. But, ultimately, he was unable to diagnose my condition even though it was staring him in the face. I was able to self-diagnose (later confirmed by my primary care physician) through a google search once I knew the technical nomenclature for my symptoms. This experience points to a lack of recent education in his field by Dr. Ackert. I would hate to see anyone else go through the same thing that I did.