A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Ahrens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Ahrens, MD is board certified in Infectious Disease.
Education & Awards
Dr. Ahrens graduated from Temple University Physicians, Philadelphia.
Dr. Ahrens has 8 hospital affiliations:
- South Jersey Health System-Elmer
- The Memorial Hospital Of Salem County
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ahrens accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 20 plans
- Unicare - 13 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Cigna - 15 plans
- Humana - 5 plans