Family Practitioner, Anti-Aging Medicine

800 N Tustin Ave
Ste A
Santa Ana, CA 92705
714-285-0800
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Who AM I??  |  show details
by James G on Dec 14th, 2013

After several visits with Dr. A, it became apparent he is about as sharp as a bowling ball. Couldn't remember my name after at LEAST 4 visits. Couldn't remember what my prior visits were concerning. Very patronizing manner. If some consider this a GOOD bedside manner, they are easily bamboozled. Staff "recommends" shots, x-rays, etc... do drive up the billing to my insurance. Tacky!! Shame too, he is right around the corner from me.

|  Do not see this Doctor!!! Corrupt!  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2013

I has a workers comp injury and thought I would get proper treatment. This Dr immediatly was dismissive or my symptoms, arrogant, and argumenative. He did incomplete and innaccurate tests and walked off from me and said "we are done here". I had to seek treatment from my own Drs at my own expense and was properly treated and diagnosed. He is corrupt and obviously gets paid to deny claims.

|  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. ALEVIZOS  |  show details
by Don R. on Feb 5th, 2013

I have never enjoyed going to see a doctor, but I started seeing Dr. Alevisos on a monthly basis a little over a year ago for some specific issues I was dealing with. He did thorough blood work then put me on a monthly plan which has definitely improved my life. I feel much better physically and mentally. In addition, I look forward to my visits because he is so much fun to talk to. Even though he is busy, the office is humming with activity, he always makes me feel like I matter and that he is genuinely concerned.

|  Terrible Doctor  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2013

This Doctors a quack !!! .. Do yourself a favor a seek another physician

|  Best Doctor I've seen in a long time!!  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

Amazing Doctor...best in OC. Would recommend to all my family and friends.

|  show details
Jul 30th, 2012

I would hightly recommend Dr. Alevizos if you want a doctor who is wholistic in his approach; who practices what he advocates and who does not quickly prescribe a medicine for one's ailment.

|  Only Doctor for me!  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2012

Dr. Alevizos has been my Doctor since 1994. I moved out of Orange County to Riverside County (40 miles one way) and I continue to use his services.

|  I used to trust Dr. Alevizos' office  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Alevizos' office for about 5 years and the service was about above average. But, they lied to me recently and chose not to take responsibility. They stated I could get blood work on premises with my new PPO insurance, without incurring any costs and without having to be referred out to Qwest. Previously I did not have to pay for a Qwest diagnostic either. So, I got blood work done on site and a few weeks later get a bill from Qwest. When I called Qwest billing and Dr. Alevizos' office for the misunderstanding there was finger pointing, but no one would take care of my issue. This is principle. I did not sign anything to get billed, nor was I informed of such a thing.Here's the additional kicker, guys. I call a 2 days after my blood work to hear about results and they say I have to come in again and pay a co-pay again just to hear my results (and probably bill me for who knows what). I'm irate because I trusted this office and had been a loyal patron for years and this is what I get? They flat out lied to my face. And when I questioned them about it, they said I should check with my provider. Here's the thing: when I was at the office they checked my coverage, knew what my co-pay was and said "with your new coverage you don't have to leave our premises and it won't cost you anything. You have nice coverage" I asked, "are you sure?" and they obliged. What am I supposed to do? Not believe a word my doctor's office says, and say "oh sorry, I don't believe you. Let me go back home and do research before agreeing to see you again to do blood work" and go back in and get charged co-pay again - hahah. The irony is, when I know that with my coverage I can get a full physical and blood word where the physician will explain to me the results and pay less if i go through certain facilities. So knowing that, why on earth would I choose to go to Dr. Alevizos' office and get scammed?This post is to help all others doing research. With so much dishonesty going with banks and politicians we don't need to also worry about our doctor's office trying to scam us, too. I hope I can find an ethical doctor's office soon for the future.

|  attorney  |  show details
Nov 25th, 2011

I was so very please to find someone that can help get for me the bio-identical hormones and understands the teaching of A4M. When I came to him, it was for an injury and not for my hormones or my supplements. He was so very helpful that I am referring my husband and some other people that I know that needs assistance in this area of health maintenance and prevention of disease.

|  Questionable motives. Questionable honesty. Unprofessional.  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2011

I am a health care professional with >20 years of critical care experience. As a result of a work-related injury and subsequent State Worker's Compensation claim I was referred to Dr. Alevizos through my employer. Prior to meeting with Dr. Alevizos I had consulted with a Physical Therapist (Dr) and a MD/Physiologist and received a thorough diagnostic examination which included MRI and was provided with a diagnosis of spinal disc protrusion/sciatica. Despite the MD specialist's diagnosis, Dr Alevizos (not a specialist) refuted and rejected this diagnosis, refused to review my MRI and the Radiologist' impression/diagnosis, performed a urinalysis in his office and claimed that an "unusually high level of bilirubin" confirmed that my pain was as a result of a liver or bladder disease and not as a result of a back injury. I asked Dr.Alevizos for the specific laboratory values of this examination and he denied my request and stated that I should seek immediate care to diagnose my liver/bladder/renal problem. I requested that he refer me to a MD specialist and he stated that he could not and that I had to follow up with my "primary" MD. I immediately set up an appointment with my "primary" MD, a Internal Medicine/Critical care specialist with >20 years of experience, was seen the following day, received thorough blood analysis, bladder ultrasound, which all confirmed that no anomaly existed and that my pain was consistent with a back injury. Despite the multitude of diagnostic examinations, Dr. Alevizos denied my claim and maintained that my injury was not a back injury and not work related. Dr. Alevizos demonstrated an unparalleled lack of professionalism, was apathetic toward my claims of severe pain, questioned the validity of the impressions of the MD specialists that had provided me with care, and provided me with false information. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Alevizos to ANYONE seeking medical attention!!!

|  An elitist that practices favoritism and ageism  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2011

Dr. Alevizos recently had the ortho specialist, which we waited about 45 minutes to see, see his BFF's son ahead of us even though they signed in 30 minutes after our appointment time. Minor, to some it sure would be. Unfair, it most definitely is unfair. He sure knows how to make people feel unimportant. Previously he chalked my mother-in-law's condition up to "old age" and went so far as to say it. He even sighted that he would not want his mother working - he actually took the liberty to suggest retirement as if he knows best. What a jerk. A formal complaint is forthcoming. To be sure, the current ortho specialist did further investigation and ultimately found a solution for my mother-in-law to make a full recovery. Therefore, Dr. Alevizos, take a page out of Dr. B's book and show some humility with a result-oriented approach instead of being so quick to discount the worth of another based on any standard. It seems "getting to jujitsu practice," or securing financing from your bank, is more important than to you than your patients are. Unless, of course, it is your best friend, Jim's, son as you clearly showed yesterday 10-18-11. On top of it all you might consider seeing most of your patients yourself instead of your PA (Physicians Assistant) seeing everyone. Although this must bill-out well for you it is not ideal for your patients that require several visits before someone makes any effort to offer a differential diagnosis. Feel free to call me to discuss once you find out which patient this is for and get my number from the file. It is easy if you put in about 2 minutes of time and effort.

|  for first time experience here, it was excellent  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2011

I was really impressed with the friendliness of the staff, got seen quickly and the Doc was personable and informative with respect to the reason I was there. We decided a course of treatment and we'll see in the following months how it goes.

|  Best Doctor in the OC  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2010

I had the best experience with this doctor, he really knows his stuff. He was honest, didn't want to just do a million tests and explained my issues in details that I could understand. He helped me with feeling so much better and was excellent. I didn't know there were any more honest and trusting business people around anymore.I'd recommend him to all my friends and family.

|  Been a patient for 20 years  |  show details
by L Smothermon on Jul 27th, 2009

What I can say about Dr A... Easy! He's a wonderful doctor and human being. I have been a patient with him for 20 years and the equality of service has never changed, even though his practice as expanded. I would recommend him to anyone...

|  Amazing Doctor!  |  show details
by Danielle on Jul 27th, 2009

These days it is so hard to find a good Doctor that you can trust. Dr Alevizos is warm and comforting. He is very personable and I felt he really cared about my well being and me as a person. He is very good at looking at the whole picture. He emphasizes preventative measures such as nutrition, excise and even mental health. I hope I never have to find another Doctor because he is genuinely in the field to make a difference.