Dr. John Alford MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 2nd, 2016
FIND ANOTHER DR.
SEEMS POLITE IN THE BEGINING. BUT THAN DOWN HILL AFTER THAT. VERY UNPROFESIONAL. WILL NOT LIKE IT IF ASK QUESTIONS. IN MY OPINION IS TO FIND ANOTHER DR.

October 30th, 2015
Excellent surgeon, doctor, takes his time with his patents. Staff is great.

June 20th, 2015
abused
This guy is the worst doctor on the face of planet earth. His assistant is a rude, nasty person. Go anywhere but this guy's practice.

August 14th, 2013
Superstar
Overall one of the best shoulder specialists in the country. Combine that with his compassionate personality and friendly and understanding bedside manner, and I would recommend anyone with a shoulder problem to him for help. Rhode Island is lucky to have him.

January 29th, 2013
does not have patient best interest in mind
I need surgery on my shoulder. Dr is making me wait though the physical therapist said there is no reason to wait. this is my decision and dr. Alford has made me feel very uncomfortable. I can no longer perform my job with confidence. In constant pain, also starting to injure other areas of my upper body trying to compensate for my shoulder. I will not have him perform surgery also every person I have talked to in the medical field has told me not to have him touch my shoulder. not at all satisfied with how he handled my injury.

September 12th, 2012
Dr. Alford is very professional, wise in his field, and is very concerned for his patients' healing, pain, and overall care.

April 22nd, 2012
shoulder pain
very professional, approachable doc who understood immediately what was wrong with my shoulder. and helped me get the use of my shoulder back. definitely a top shoulder specialist. i highly recommend him to anyone who has shoulder pain.

October 29th, 2011
Great
I had Dr Alford for a broken wrist. Surgery went well. I have had no problems. He helped with my knee until replacement became the last option. Now I am seeking a knee replacement surgeron. I will see Dr Alford as my regular orthopaedic for any future issues.

August 4th, 2011
I have been to many sports medicine docs in RI and Boston. Dr. Alford is by far the most thorough and caring, with incredible technical skill and knowledge. Very professional staff too.

May 24th, 2011
dr alford id have to say is the best doc ive ever had hes patient caring

February 11th, 2010
Thouroughly Please
I was thrilled with Dr. Alford. Very professional and experienced. My long road to recovery was meet with compasion and the knowledge to make me at ease. Thanks!!!

January 17th, 2010
Thorough, Caring, compasionate and professional
For this being my first experience having surgery and being very very apprehensive about it, Dr. Alford and his staff made me feel very comfortable. They were all very compassionate and caring. Dr. Alford was so very thorough in explaining to me the procedures that were done on my shoulder, and how he manipulated my shoulder during surgery. And the before and after pictures he gave me were incredible. I would not hesitate to refer him to anyone, and I have and they feel the same way.