Dr. John Allendorf Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Allendorf?

January 4th, 2016

Dr. Allendorf

Dr.Allendorf has performed 3 major abdominal surgeries on me. He was always very honest, caring and willing to listen and answer ( discuss) my situation. I thank God for me being led to Dr. Allendorf. I have been blessed with many years with my family beyond the expectations for my disease.

October 3rd, 2013

Rush-Rush! Shop Around and See

I ultimately decided to choose another surgeon because I came to him with hyperparathyroidism and with stabbing neck pain and a fever from what later turned out to be a raging infection in my throat.(They routinely take your temperature before you see the doctor here.) You really don't want a big mess going on in your throat when you're planning parathyroid surgery. But he wasn't interested, didn't look(then why take the patient's temperature?), and didn't recommend a doctor who could help me. Total focus on the conveyor-belt of booking and doing operations. In the informational material he gave out, they tell you that after the surgery, any follow-up visits will be strictly limited to, to the best of my recollection, 15 minutes. Really? When I postponed my surgery date due to a still out of control infection, the surgical booker just said listlessly, "Yeah, well, I guess you wouldn't want to do that. OK, call me when you want to." When I saw what others had written here, especially about the surgeon running out of time to finish the op so the patient had to go back for another one, I thanked heavens for Vitals.com and those who write reviews and looked for another surgeon. The next surgeon I found took his time, examined me, offered to send me to an ENT (a fine one) and did a careful, caring removal of my bad parathyroid. I liked Dr. Allendorf; it's a pity the man's in such a rush. That frightened me away. Patients are stars, too, Dr. A.

November 20th, 2012

Good no great, attentive staff, overall impressed with knowledge and surgical skill

July 27th, 2012

As others say: A highly skilled Surgeon...

I could hardly have chosen a better surgeon than Dr Allendorf. He is perhaps not the most attentive Dr but I had a total thyroidectomy & several lymph nodes removed & I was concerned about scaring. The recovery in ICU was as good as it gets & there is virtually no scaring. The operation took a long time & some infected lymph nodes were missed. Not his fault. It was a judgement call as time was a constraint. I ended up going back to let him finish the job. Again, time in ICU ran smooth & no scaring.

February 29th, 2012

EXCELLENT DOCTOR

December 30th, 2011

Most wonderful doctor. Saved my son.

This doctor saved my son's life through his excellent surgery to remove a cancerous thyroid. He is a wonderful caring, talented man and his staff were all excellent. He made a terrible experience bearable and created a great outcome.

April 10th, 2011

Kind, Compassionate, Skilled and Talented!!

I had surgery with Dr. Allendorf, and due to a congenital anatomical anomaly, he was unable to do exactly what he needed to. Before rushing into another procedure, he obtained additional extensive diagnostic testing and then referred me to a wonderful thoracic surgeon. When it came time for a second surgery, he showed up and scrubbed for it even though he didn't have to, just to see things through to the end. To this day, he is kind and receptive of any questions when I email him. I really could not have asked for a better Dr. I would never hesitate in using him again or referring anyone I know to him.

February 5th, 2011

No bedside manner

Dr. Allendorf is known to be a talented surgeon. However, patients with cancer require more than a gifted doctor, they also need to deal with a human being who understands their plight. Dr. Allendorf is arrogant and incredibly condescending. Patients would be better served by other doctors at Columbia or at Sloan Kettering. No patient deserves to be treated with such disrespect.

January 4th, 2011

Bad Experience

Will not use again perfer my old doctor

July 30th, 2008

An angry doctor

Why did he choose to do this? He doesn't care about his patients, he resents any questions that I try to ask him, making me feel stupid, hardy spends any time talking to me.

August 19th, 2017