Dr. John Alley MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Marcellus, NY

January 1st, 2017
Stay away from r. John Alley MD
If you're planning to live further stay away from this guy as far as possible. He has terrible issues!!

December 18th, 2016
Unhappy
Went to Dr. Alley twice. The second time, I asked to go on PrEP, a preventive medication for HIV. This medication requires an HIV test, as well as follow-ups every three months. Dr. Alley prescribed me the medication without either an HIV test or discussing follow-ups. I also asked Dr. Alley about a severe itch I had in my pubic area, and asked him to take a look. He dismissed it as a skin irritation. Turns out, it was crabs.

August 11th, 2016
Love Dr. Alley.. After moving from Philadelphia PA, where it took me years but I finally had found a PCP I really liked, I was so happy to have found Dr. Alley here in upstate NY last year around Christmas time. It didn't take as long as I thought or as long as other doctors to get in as a new patient, maybe a month or so, (other doctor offices were telling me six months) and after my first appointment I knew I made the right choice. He takes his time with you and really listens to you. He has even called me on a weekend afternoon to check that I am alright. Anytime I have had any problems and had to call the office for anything; referrals, sick visits, refills, blood work, test results, etc, the staff and Dr alley have been so great and respond very fast! I highly recommend this office and Dr. Alley.

October 7th, 2015
I have never in my life felt as if I were the only person My Dr. Was focused on as I was with with Dr. Alley. He was so so kind, so present, so available. Somehow he is so far above and beyond any Dr. I have ever experienced. He is the true essence of what I hope all Dr's hope to be. He would be the "Greatest " of mentors. Although I , we his patients would lose such a great and grand blessing. Thank you

March 10th, 2015
The best Doctor ever, hands down.

November 29th, 2012
Wonderful experience
Dr Alley was the doctor of our whole family (parents and two middle schoolers) for the past for years and we were very satisfied with the care we have received. We were cared for as people with body and soul and not just like medical cases. The staff has been kind to us. We wish we could have taken him with us when we moved away a few months ago.

October 31st, 2012
God Sent
Dr.Alley is the most compassionate caring physician I have ever come into to contact with. I believe that statement says a lot as I am a nurse. I live over an hour from the office and am more than willing to drive that distance because he is the first doctor I have seen in years that does not care about the clock, he is more in tune with what is the problem at hand, and discussing all option and the best possible treatment plan. His practice is not just based on medications healing the individual but also their spiritual healing as well. He has on many occasions called after an apt to see how either myself of family is doing. When you are a patient of his you are not a dollar sign or a number you are a person, living breathing, and needing care, and that is exactly what he provides. While the office may not me the most high tech and you can see where the years of practice have taken their toll, it is not dirty. I agree that on occasion the staff does not come off as always being the most pleasant, but we all have bad days. I have and would continue to recommend Dr. Alley to everyone I know.

September 15th, 2012
Finding a new pediatrician
We just had a newborn and were required to visit the pediatrician twice in a week. Both times the wait was over 40 minutes. The second one was just for a weight check but we still had to wait 45 minutes for a nurse to put our newborn on a scale. The office looks dirty and the floor definitely needs to be washed. The office staff can be rude or at least less than pleasant. We knew it was time for a new pediatrician when we dreaded ever needing to call the office.

July 13th, 2012
nuts
Anyone who says Dr Alley is anything but an A+ doctor is nuts. I've never in 40 years trusted a doctor and I am completely comfortable and confident with him. Dr. Alley you are awesome! :)

June 28th, 2012
i believe this office is one of the best practices around. i have been going there since i was a young child, and now my 3 children are patients there.Dr. Alley is one of the best drs i have come into contact with. he has helped me alot.

April 8th, 2012
a doctor who truly loves all of his patients the same
My experience with Doctor Alley has always been one of honesty and true compassion . he goes above and beyond for me.He helped me through an extremely diffficult pregnancy , and now hes helping me cope with the loss of my son to SIDS. I believe he was probably crying as hard as myself and my spouse at our sons service , which his staff attended as well. Although i have moved forty minutes away from the office , i have never had a desire to change physicians , for Dr. Alley sees not only me but my other two boys , one with asthma since the age of one . This doctor will not only be there for you , but he will stand up for you as well , and i advise anyone seeking a new family physician to make the call , and meet with this man . He will prove there are still doctors out there who do not judge you , who make time for you , and help you any way they can.

February 29th, 2012
Very caring doctor
Dr. Alley is compassionate, supportive and caring. He has been a cheerleader for me as I work to exercise more and lose weight.