A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Altomare:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Altomare is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Altomare
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Altomare Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Altomare, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Altomare graduated from Temple University Physicians, Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Altomare has 3 hospital affiliations:
- The Reading Hospital and Medical Center
- Geisinger Medical Center
- Reading Hospital & Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John F Altomare MD is a male Internist, has 13 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. John F. Altomare practice?
- Dr. John Altomare has 1 office location.
Dr. John Altomare practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Reading, PA.
See Reading Internists and Reading Gastroenterologists.