Dr. John Alton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

July 31st, 2016
Dr. Alton Review
Dr. Alton is a wonderful doctor. He is extremely personable and easy to talk to about anything. The thing I like most about him is that he always gets you in and out of their as quickly as he can without having you sit in a doctor's office all day. And even though he's fast paced, he still remembers his patients. He always comes in knowing exactly what is going on and has a game plan. His nurse Christie is also wonderful, polite, and great at answering any question. My only complaint with him is his office. Dr. Altons staff is always slow, never knows what is going on, and mixes things charts up regularly. They also are terrible at calling with appointment reminders or results.

July 6th, 2016
Recommend to ALL
Excellent bedside manner, very easy to talk to! Diagnosed my problem in one visit, prior GYN ignored for 10 years!! Happy to be almost pain free! So happy that even taking daughter to him.

May 23rd, 2016
Long-time Patient
Dr. Alton delivered my second son over 17 years ago. He was attentive and considerate then and still is today. I was diagnosed with breast cancer about a year ago. I was referred to an oncologist at Southwest but wasn't sure whether to get a second opinion or not. I called Dr. Alton and he called me back after office hours and we had a long discussion about my diagnosis and getting a second opinion. Most recently he helped me get through some issues I was having after my breast cancer treatments. Dr. Alton always makes you feel like he remembers you. I am sure he has so many patients that there is no way he remembers everyone from year to year. Yet, when you see him for your annual appointment you would think he just saw you yesterday. I would highly recommend Dr. Alton.

May 2nd, 2016
Wonderful Experience
After finding out I was pregnant I was on the search for a new doctor. I never had one who I felt completely comfortable in front of , until I met Dr Alton. For once I didn't dread going to the doctor. He always listened to our concerns and talked us through everything. He delivered my daughter after a hard labor and I'm so thankful he was the doctor in call.

April 30th, 2016
Great doctor!
Dr. Alton was very honest and realistic during my entire pregnancy great to work with!

March 14th, 2016
I have been seeing Dr. Alton for 20ish years now. He has delivered all 3 of my babies and i wouldnt change thay for anything. I love him as my doctor. He is caring and takes the time to explain everything to you. He is very personable and has great bedside manners. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

March 2nd, 2016
Dr. Alton made me feel cared for and about and put me at ease with his bedside manner and professionalism.

February 14th, 2016
Very ignorant in delivering care. Made it very obvious that if you require more paitience, because you are a victim of violence , you will have "30 seconds or your mind will be made up for you"-direct quote. Patients should be allowed to show up at any doctors office without being completely humiliated and crying afterwards.

January 26th, 2016
Dr. ALTON IS AWESOME!

January 22nd, 2016
Dr. Alton is the best doctor. He always takes time to listen and explain any questions you may have. Although he deals with patients on a daily basis that may have lost a baby, he and his staff remain sympathetic. You never feel like "just another patient." I can't say enough good things about Dr. Alton. I've been a patient since I was a college student and was lucky enough that he was the doctor to deliver both my children. Wait times can be a little long but since he and his staff are so courteous I wld never considering changing doctors.

January 20th, 2016
Excellent OB
Dr Alton took care of me throughout two healthy pregnancies. He was fantastic as were the on call physicians in his office. I had unexpected bleeding through the first trimester with my second son and he was very responsive to my calls and concerns and got me in for the necessary testing very quickly. He reassured me and answered all of my questions at every appointment. I never felt rushed. His nurse is also very good and returned my calls quickly. It's a great team all around.

January 11th, 2016
He makes me feel comfortable with my visit and also comfortable to ask him any question that I have. Pays attention and listens to what you have to say.