Dr. John Andary Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 13th, 2015

Dr. Andary is the go to physician if you need a really good doctor and excellent surgeon. I presented him with a very difficult situation (multiple areas that needed to be repaired). I am able to use my arm again. I never had to wait; I went into the office twice just to ask a couple of questions and he saw me, talked with me and gave me recommendations! Sure don't experience that very often.

September 4th, 2013

Good surgeon, not the best bedside manner.

Dr. Andary came highly recommended from a family member who has had multiple joint replacement surgeries with him. He seems very competent and knowledgeable, but his bedside manner is lacking. I had heard this from other people who have dealt with him and found it to be true in my experience as well. I personally wish he had spent a little more time diagnosing with questions and conversation about symptoms, pain, etc associated with my injury. I think he did a good job on my surgery, but I would have liked additional help and information about how to deal with collateral muscle, tendon, nerve damage and pain. After my surgery I heard him comment about me being a "big girl" to a nurse, and after my most recent follow up appointment, 4 weeks after surgery, he freaked out about my range of motion not being very good yet and accused me of not doing the exercises he told me to do. He didn't ask anything about my pain levels or why I wasn't able to achieve better extension, instead berated me to the point of tears about not doing my exercises--which I have been doing. Overall, he is probably a great surgeon, but don't expect a lot of time and concern on your behalf.

September 29th, 2011

My knee feels great! ThanksDr. Andary explained the problem, how he was going to fix it, and what to expect in recovery. It was like clockwork! Thanks again!

August 1st, 2011

Dr. Andary repaired my ACL, MCL, and Meniscus I have acheived full range of motion and on my way to a full recovery I would highly recommend Dr. Andary to anyone.

July 1st, 2011

Dr. Andary was very attentive and patient with my 5 year old who broke her leg. He made her feel at ease under very stressful circumstances. The office staff was very courteous and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Andary to anyone.

June 9th, 2011

Dr. Andary is the best shoulder and knee doctor in Idaho Falls. That's probably why his clinic is called Shoulder and Knee Center. He helped my friend after years of pain and instability in her knee. He fixed my son's broken arm. I would recommend him to anyone I know with an orthopedic problem. He spent quite a bit of time with me and I hate to admit that I probably made others in the waiting room late for their appointments. He is thorough and very knowledgeable.

February 10th, 2011

Quack

1 hour wait for a 3 minute meeting. Dr. seems less concerned about quality of care and more concerned with number of appointments scheduled in one day. Seek second opinion.

March 7th, 2010

carrie

October 14th, 2009

Dr. Andary was able to diagnose my shoulder perfectly. Even though the MRI came back with slight abnormalities that didn't require surgery, he thought there was an underlying problem not showing up. I opted to have surgery based on his recommendation and he was right. He was able to fix a complex problem athroscopically and gave me the use of my arm back. I owe him so much for the happiness he gave back to me. He explained things in a way both my husband and I could understand and followed me through till I was completly healed. I would not see anyone but Dr. Andary for any shoulder or knee problems

June 5th, 2017