Dr. John Andreshak MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

February 21st, 2014
Very rude
Not sure exactly why, but he determined he couldn't figure out where my pain was coming from specifically but all he did was an xray and it was only in the standing position. I have degenerative discs and my past neurosurgeon told me that you can't see disc issues well on xray, but he was in a huge hurry to dismiss me after saying xray looked ok. Yes, xray looked ok when I had a full protrusion a few years ago too, but it required surgery and now I am not sure how this guy can't see that xrays are nowhere near sufficient in determining a disc issue. He also insisted my former surgeon had just moved to city when I told him I got a letter that he retired. And when I mentioned my pain dr, he argued that this dr didn't exist at Edward when indeed he just joined Edward last summer! Argumentative, rude, dismissive. That is all. Got nowhere and a total waste of my time.

July 2nd, 2013
Great doctor
Dr Andershak is one of the finest doctors I have ever met. He has been treating me for the past 4 years. He knows his stuff and takes the time to explain everything. I had a spinal fusion 31/2 yrs ago---he was the only Dr. That pinpointed my problem. He is great and got me back on my feet. Ps. His staff is also GREAT!

November 14th, 2012
Talented Physician
Although it's true, his bedside mannerism needs some help, Dr. Andreshak is a thoroughly talented spine surgeon who knows his stuff. After years of pain and a plethora of doctors who told me what I needed, he was able to pinpoint my exact problem and fix it, plain and simple! Thank you Dr. Andreshak!! Work on your bedside manner though, you're a great surgeon!

May 7th, 2012
Great surgeon
Dr. Andreshak was able to get me back to work, even with a 3 level fusion. Thanks to Dr Andreshak and his staff Nancy and Sharon.

November 19th, 2011
Does Not Care
Dr. Andreshak was the doctor on call during a weekend when I needed a drug, already prescribed to me by another doctor, called in to a pharmacy where I was travelling. He refused to call in the drug; I was therefore forced to go without it. "It's not my fault you're in New York," he said. "I don't have time for this," he said. Avoid Dr. Andreshak. He just doesn't care.

July 20th, 2011
Probably saved my life
I was referred to Shak by my primary ortho Dr. Heim to fix a failed disc operation that pinched my spinal column and needed immediate attention. (Heim was going out of town and couldn't do it.iaske dHeim who he would ask to do this on himself and he said Shak. Good enough for me. Anyway After Myleogram Shak said I had a serious cervcal condition also and should not be put to sleep without fixing it also. The main cervical problem's location (found by him) was in a place that if I should receive a blow or fall I could die. Shak not only fixed the spine problem but fixed the neck too. I thank this guy all the time.

June 29th, 2011
Although he could possess better bedside manner. . . . .
Although he isn't the warm and fuzzy kind of doctor, he sure knows what he's doing and is an incredible doctor. I have suffered for years and have seen many specialists. He is the first doctor who has helped and remedied my pain. Thank you!

February 7th, 2011
Poor bedside manner
I got the impression Dr Andreshak wanted me out of the office as soon as possible.He really didnt care about my problem, seemed more concerened with the time then with me

December 3rd, 2008
Dr. Andreshak was extremely helpful and friendly throughout my appointments with him. My back feels so much better now. I would highly recommend him to anybody who knows the pain of slipped discs like I do!