Dr. John Atkin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

February 10th, 2016
Best Primary Care Physician in SEK
Dr. Atkin was my primary care physician for close to 30 years. He is smart and in demand. Unfortunately, he has retired. I'm forced to look for another physician who I can only hope is as good as Dr. Atkin.

October 11th, 2015
My mothers dr for years ! Dr Atkins has misdiagnosed everyone of my family members that have lived in Yates center ! He can't diagnose anything until it's too late and then sends his patients to Topeka , never to come home again ! It's awful ! My mama use to tell me , don't let him send me to Topeka because everyone he sends there for tests never come home ! Her worst nightmares came true ! She had cancer threw her body and he( Atkins) just kept giving her blood transfusions and never having her tested for anything else ! Unbelievable! Once she got to Topeka , she was told to get affairs in order ! They sent her to the nursing home in Yates center , where I flew from Oregon to take care of her ! Atkins would not even come by the nursing home for the whole week it took me to get her out of there . Then I went by his office to talk to him a couple of times ! Once his nurse said ohh yes , I will go get him , but NO ! Again unbelievable ! I took my mama and flew her back home to Oregon with me where she passed 20 days later ! 30 days is all I had because of a dr who cannot diagnose a cancer that's someone had ! Again unbelievable ! I had breast cancer , I was diagnosed and given the proper treatments , ( not from Atkins) ! I do believe that if she had been with any other dr. She would have been diagnosed properly and I would still have my mama today !! Worse Dr ever ! I've had uncles and cousins and several other relatives that had the same thing happen ! His answer to everything is send them to Topeka , right before they pass !!! Again unbelievable !!! From: a severely heart broken daughter, niece, cousin !!! P.S He needs to be done before anyone else passes away from him not diagnosing them !!!

September 19th, 2008
Dr. Atkin is by far one of the best physicians I have ever had. He's caring and good at what he does. Being a doctor isn't just a job to him, he cares about his patients.