A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Atkins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Atkins is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Atkins
Read all about venous thromboembolism symptoms and treatments by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Atkins Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Atkins, FCCP, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Atkins graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Dr. Atkins has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Scotland Memorial Hospital
- University Hospital - Augusta
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Thomas Atkins FCCP and MD is a male Internist, has 22 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. John T. Atkins practice?
- Dr. John Atkins has 7 office locations.
Dr. John Atkins practices Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease near Augusta, GA.
Additional practice locations include: Gainesville, GA and Tucker, GA.
See Augusta Internists, Augusta Critical Care Practitioners, and Augusta Pulmonologists.