Dr. John Adams MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

December 12th, 2015
After my colon surgery began to have pain and was told by Dr Adams there was not anything else he could do for me. I ask if he would refer me to pain management, or someone else and he tolde no. The problem I have with this is if you do not know what to do to help someone then, refer them to someone else that can help them. Just because you do not know how to treat someone does not mean they cannot be helped. I went to another Dr. and was told have nerve damage, andy pain is being treated.

September 8th, 2015
I was over whelmed by the professionalism that we encountered at Dr Adams office. I was very pleased and grateful for all that Dr Adams had done,along with his staff. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Adams to anyone I know.

July 10th, 2015
Dr. Adams after he has done surgery he does not care and he does not have any answers how you may cope after the surgery. He has no answers for you.

May 19th, 2015
Wonderful Outcome for Me
I saw another doctor for my problem before contacting Dr. Adams' office. After 2 colonoscopy 's I was finally told I needed surgery. I was referred to a surgeon who's office would not see me for 2 weeks, after the first doctor telling me I needed surgery within the week. (I was told by a retired RN that this surgeon routinely does a colostomy for this surgery so needless to say I didn't get an appointment). Got an appointment with Dr. Adams and he assured me he would not do a colostomy unless there was absolutely no other choice. After a colonoscopy by Dr. Adams, I was scheduled for surgery a few days later. A section of my colon was removed with no problems. Dr. Adams was very nice and explained everything to me before and after surgery. While I was in the hospital he found me as I was walking the halls and walked with me explaining what he did during surgery and what to expect. If I had to go through this again I WOULD NOT change doctors.

August 18th, 2012
Dr. Adams just did surgery on me for colon cancer. He did an outstanding job with my surgery. I didn't have any complications. Dr. Adam's was very friendly and communicated very well with me and my family. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

July 8th, 2011
Misdiagnosis
Dr. Adams misdiagnosed my grandmother with cancer after surgery, wanted to send her home when she was clearly not capable to do so (open more beds at st francis) and failed to catch an infection. she died. please do not let this man operate on your loved ones. i wish i would've known then what i know now. i have not heard one positive thing about him from other patients AND doctors.

May 6th, 2011
Don't let him cut on you!!!!!
I would not recommend anybody seeing Dr. John Adams. Not only did he make SEVERAL life-threatening mistakes during my mother's surgery, he failed to catch an infection that formed due to his faulty surgical skills. My mom ultimately died of sepsis because of this "doctor." Had he paid attention to the warning signs, listened to the nursing staff and us, my mother would still be alive today. I have heard nothing positive about Dr. Adams and only wish that we would've had the chance to research him BEFORE he operated on my mom.

May 6th, 2011
Dr. Adams operated on my mom and through his multiple errors she ultimately died. He made a mistake during surgery and then failed to treat her resulting infection which led to sepsis. I would not recommend him to anyone.

March 1st, 2011
He only gets a star because there was no option to rate him ant lower. Beware if you have extra weight because if youroverweight he won't operate. His refusal to operate on my Mom resulted in her bleeding eternally, the out come was death. He has no bedside manners. I have yet to hear a good thing about him. He has a job, but all he does is walk in your room & send you a bill. Matter of fact from all the patients he's had I've never heard of one he actually operated on.