Dr. John Andrews MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

December 6th, 2016
Dr. Andrews is awesome. Thorough, fast, smart, and informed. A great choice. Very up to date on contemporary treatment options. His staff is a little all over the place but that's not his fault. Overall, a great doc!!!!!

December 20th, 2014
Best primary care I've ever had. The whole staff is great!

July 12th, 2012
Dr. Andrews was great. He's friendly, knowledgeable, and caring.

March 23rd, 2012
Excellent Doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Andrews for a long time and I consider him an excellent doctor. I have recommended him many times to friends. I believe that he genuinely cares about my welfare and think he has an excellent "bedside manner." He always calls me with results of tests. I have never had a problem getting a referral to a specialist. I consider Dr. Andrews to be among the best.

February 8th, 2012
Never calls back!
He is a complete jerk and doesn't really listen to you and never calls you back. He never called back with results on an infesction I had.

September 11th, 2011
First and last appointment.
I chose to see Dr. Andrews as he's in my network. I'm new to town and needed to see an MD for a number of basic issues (allergies, migraines, general health, etc.) and establish a relationship with someone who could oversee my health care. Dr. Andrews seemed only interested in just refilling my prescriptions from my former MD. He had nothing new to say, nor did he seem to care. But the most offensive thing to me was, when I started to ask him about my migraines he actually said, "We're only supposed to spend 20 minutes with a patient and I've already been with you 25 minutes," in other workd, I don't have time for this. I think this says a lot about him, his priorities, as well as a total lack of finesse. I won't be going back.

July 11th, 2011
Wrong Diagnosis Twice Prompting Emergency Surgery
I have a degree in nursing though I no longer work in the medical field so I have insight into not only my body but signs and symptoms of diseases. Dr. Andrews is not thorough in any way, shape or form and he does not listen to his patients. He told me I had a stomach flu which I didn't agree with so I insisted he send me to a GI Doc. He did not think it was necessary. On the way out, I received the name of a wonderful GI doc who saw me that day. I was having an acute appendicitis and ended up at Cedar Sinai in Emergency Surgery.Do not ask me why I went back but I did. I had a pain in my foot that would not go away. He agreed to an X-RAY that showed nothing. The pain was so intense I requested an order for an MRI which he said was not necessary. He cares far more about the insurance company charges than the life of his patients. I left his office and called on a favor since I have out-of-town physician relatives. I saw another Dr. the same day that took me seriously, ran an MRI and did blood work. I had a cellulitis which can be life-threatening if not treated.Dr. Andrews lost my entire family as patients but most of all, he lost my respect. I have yet to decide if I am going to pursue this with the AMA as I do not want another patient's symptoms ignored.